turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

--oldlady

Why are my e-file returns rejected?

Still wtg for answer on why my e-file return keeps getting rejected.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

We can help if you tell us the rejection message/code?

View solution in original post

34 Replies

We can help if you tell us the rejection message/code?

--oldlady

No message-just rejected

@--oldlady wrote:

No message-just rejected

You received an email from TurboTax for the rejected tax return.  What does it say?

--oldlady

Feel like I'm going around in circles.  Just says rejected on both Federal & State

TT would have sent you an email with the rejection message. Look in your spam email.

But I must ask:  Your screen name makes me wonder if you filed a return that listed only Social Security income, or otherwise zero income. Is that correct?  If so, try adding $1 of interest and then efile it.

amcoen588

The rejection code we received is IND-031- 04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.  However, the 2019 AGI submitted as well as the pins agree with our 2019 return.  I also double checked our drivers license info and it was correct as well.  Is there any other reason the return could have been rejected? 

@amcoen588 wrote:

The rejection code we received is IND-031- 04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.  However, the 2019 AGI submitted as well as the pins agree with our 2019 return.  I also double checked our drivers license info and it was correct as well.  Is there any other reason the return could have been rejected? 

Try entering a 0 (zero) for the 2019 AGI and e-file again.

tr4
Returning Member

I am having the same issue.  Rejected returns for AGI not matching, yet it does match.  I am filing for my parents and aunt having the same issue.  Why would I add zero as the AGI?  That is incorrect value.

kichnwiz

It says that if for 1040 "Primaryclaimasdependent is not checked then the Primary SSN must not be the same as a Dependent SSN on another return filed for the same tax year.  Does this mean we cannot claim our daughter on our taxes if she's filing her own taxes?

@kichnwiz wrote:

It says that if for 1040 "Primaryclaimasdependent is not checked then the Primary SSN must not be the same as a Dependent SSN on another return filed for the same tax year.  Does this mean we cannot claim our daughter on our taxes if she's filing her own taxes?

Correct, if someone else files a return with the same SS number on their return as on your return and they file first your return will be rejected by the IRS.

If you are able to claim her as your dependent, then she should not have filed a return indicating she was not a dependent.  She needs to amend her return and claim she is a dependent.  You can file your return claiming her as a dependent but you will have to print and mail your tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to print a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

TJB685

My Federal return has been rejected twice....code IND-031-04.  I've tried to fix it, but it didn't work.   Can you explain why and help me resolve it ??    Thanks.

@TJB685 wrote:

My Federal return has been rejected twice....code IND-031-04.  I've tried to fix it, but it didn't work.   Can you explain why and help me resolve it ??    Thanks.

Enter a 0 (zero) for the 2019 AGI and e-file the tax return again.

jkoch

I have checked my AGI from last year and the amount I have submitted agrees with that number.  I didn't e-file last year so I'm assuming that the pin given to me was one from the past.  With all the info you have to submit to e-file, I'm confused as to why they can't give me a specific reason as to what was wrong with what I entered for this year. 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please review the following FAQ: AGI Rejection @jkoch.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies