turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why am I getting nothing I jus fiiled n I'm getting nothing bk I don't owe nothing to no one

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

Why am I getting nothing I jus fiiled n I'm getting nothing bk I don't owe nothing to no one

If you have not received any stimulus payments in rounds one and/or two, you should file your 2020 tax return to receive the Recovery Rebate Credit.  

Assuming you have valid social security number and are a US citizen with less than $75,000 income, you would be eligible for the following payments.

Round one:  $1200 and Round two:  $600 for a total of $1800 added to your tax return. 

If you have already received these payments and you are single and your income is below $12,400, then you don't need to file a tax

return.

Here is a link with more information on the Recovery Rebate Credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Is because there not expecting them until the 12th I worked 8 months at a gas station I got both my checks already I field them n I'm getting zero bk but then I saw there will b an update on the 12th is that why 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Congratulations on receiving both of  your stimulus checks! 

February 12th is the date that the IRS will begin to accept tax returns for processing.

A change in your refund from year to year depends upon so many factors. 

Also be advised that we are not able to view your current year tax return and compare it to a previous year tax return.

Have you input all of your tax documents?  Missing information can affect your refund, so make sure that everything is entered and that your tax return is complete.  Be advised that many tax documents are not required to be issued until January 31.

If you are concerned because your refund is lower than what you expected, here are some possibilities.

• Change of jobs affects tax withholding computations causing you to withhold at a lower rate than last year.
  • Sometimes when a payroll service changes, the new payroll service withholds at a different rate.
  • Income increase or decrease affects a tax benefit or computes your tax from a higher tax bracket.
  • A change in number of dependents or a dependent turns 17 years of age.
  • Losing or not qualifying for a tax credit.
  • Self-employment income generates a self-employment tax as well as income taxes. 

You can review the tax returns in TurboTax Online by following these directions. 

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Tax Tools.
  • Click on Tools.
  • Under Other helpful links, click on View Tax Summary.
  • Down the left side of the screen, click on State Tax Summary to see the actual tax return that you prepared.
  • Down the left side of the screen, click on Preview My 1040 to see the actual tax return that you prepared.
  • Down the left side of the screen, click Back to return.

See this TurboTax Help.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies