Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where is the jump to link?

@mesquitebean wrote:

@ DJStar wrote:

That does not work on a Mac though, right? At least not on my '21 Desktop Premier. I have not seen any Jump To links like I did on Windows.

As I mentioned above, I don't think the"jump to" feature works on Mac desktop software.  But that's only my recollection, and I'm not a Mac user, so I don't know firsthand.  I know it works on Windows desktop version and Online TurboTax.

I bet @macuser_22  can tell us.

This is a long thread and topics have changed so I really do not what the question was.

I don't call it a "jump to link" just a way to get to what you want.   Mac desktop has the search topics to quickly get to a subject.  It is in the TurboTax menu bar at the top of the TurboTax window.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

@mesquitebean wrote:

@ DJStar wrote:

That does not work on a Mac though, right? At least not on my '21 Desktop Premier. I have not seen any Jump To links like I did on Windows.

As I mentioned above, I don't think the"jump to" feature works on Mac desktop software.  But that's only my recollection, and I'm not a Mac user, so I don't know firsthand.  I know it works on Windows desktop version and Online TurboTax.

I bet @macuser_22  can tell us.

This is a long thread and topics have changed so I really do not what the question was.

I don't call it a "jump to link" just a way to get to what you want so Mac desktop has the search topics to quickly get to a subject.  It is in the TurboTax menu bar at the top of the TurboTax window.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
gillie249

I need to get to form 8949 and do not have a Jump Link on my premier online software.  HELP!

@ gillie249 wrote:

I need to get to form 8949 and do not have a Jump Link on my premier online software.  HELP!

There is no "Jump to" link for a Form 8949.   In Online TurboTax you cannot go directly to the Form 8949.  

In Online TurboTax the Form 8949 is prepared in the background when you enter sales of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc. from a 1099-B.   To make or edit entries on a Form 8949 you go through the investment interview again for the 1099-B.    

In Online TurboTax you can get to the investment sales interview by opening the search box in the top right corner of your online program, and then search on either term 1099-B or Schedule D.   After you enter the term, press your enter key to see the "Jump" to link.,   Do not choose any of the suggestions that drop down while you are typing the term or you won't see the Jump link.   You have to either press "Enter" or click the magnifying glass on that same line.  Again, it will not work for the term Form 8949.

Or here's an alternative:

If you don't want to use "Jump to" links, you can use the Topic Search tool:

• With your return open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window choose the blue TOPIC SEARCH button.
  • In the topic search line enter 1099-B or Schedule D without quotes.
  • Make the selection in the list and click GO.
rewalkeraz
Returning Member

something happened --  lost you

JulieS
Expert Alumni

@rewalkeraz Can you clarify your question?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
takeahike

Either could I, Turbotax sucks.

takeahike

That's stupid, turbotax should give you options because if we knew what page we wanted in the first place, we wouldn't be wanting to jump to it.

carol76

I am using TurboTax Premier Download version for 2021.  I want to enter the $300 special charitable donation.  Where is the jump to link?  None appears on my Search screen.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

I don't know that there is a specific Jump-to link for that.

The first thing you must do is go to Charitable Contributions and enter at least $300 in donations as MONEY. (Do a Search (upper right) for charitable contributions and click on the jump-to link. In the Search, just type in charitable contributions and hit Enter - ignore any suggested search terms. Mac users must find charitable contributions in the Topics List.

At some point the $300 is added to line 12b on the 1040. If you don't see it yet, run through the Federal Review, and see if it pops.

treesh58

how about for this year?

JulieS
Expert Alumni

There are fewer Jump to links in the program this year. If you need something you can't find, just let us know what you are looking for, and someone will tell you how to find it. 

I can't make jump to link work for Solar Tax Credit form 5695    Nothing to click

What am I doing wrong?   BH Loveland CO

@halesmail wrote:

I can't make jump to link work for Solar Tax Credit form 5695    Nothing to click

What am I doing wrong?   BH Loveland CO

To enter Home Energy Credits -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credit
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Under Your Home
  • On Home Energy Credits, click the start or update button

Or enter home energy improvement in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to home energy improvement

Home Energy Improvement Search TTO.JPG

Zhao

I am trying to enter 1031 exchange. I typed in Like Kind as instructed, but see no jump to link. Thanks. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies