Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where is the form 8915-f for 2023 filing of 2022 taxes?

Michelle, are you that tone deaf to include an option to say thanks? For what, acting like Lucy saying she'll finally hold the ball for Charlie Brown only to jerk it out again? Surely someone monitors these threads to see that folks (myself included) are genuinely and rightfully twisted up about your company gladly accepting our money while preventing us from getting what's owed us. 

J_34
Level 3

I also wonder if there is something behind the scenes that is affecting TT. ... Along the lines of Federal Trade Commision and the IRS investigations into Intuits business practices. Maybe drawing more scrutiny resulting in longer approval times? Who knows. I doubt if anyone with any authority will be sharing any info here. But all of this makes me wonder...

So I was scrolling through the posts on this thread and saw all of the Employee Tax Expert's replying, talk about not being able to read the room........ Seriously are you all that obtuse to think you can placate us with another meaningless date? What's even worse is that one of the experts flat out lied and said the IRS had not finalized the form until some time in February when in all actuality it was done on their end in January. 

With that said, when I log in tomorrow to celebrate the weekly anniversary of TurboTax fraudulently accepting my $$$ for services they can't render I will call and ask for a refund and go to a competitor and just stay gone. Pretend I went out for cigarettes and wait patiently by the door for my return. 

I continue to remain ASTOUNDED that no one at this company can put out a straightforward answer as to what the actual delay is about.

If it was your failure to implement in a timely fashion, own that. I have so much more respect for that than this non sensical gibberish of where to check the date.

I have trusted Turbotax for years!!  Not going forward. 

Does no one who has any authority have knowledge of how upset your customers are?

This is really a messed up way to run a business.  hi

Hi everyone!

I just checked my account and that form showed up!! Everything updated and is ready to file now!!

Finally! 

@MichelleLO and Turbo Tax,

I am writing to express my deep disappointment with your lack of communication and failure to meet your deadlines. As a loyal customer of TurboTax, I have come to expect timely updates and reliable service. Unfortunately, your recent handling of the Form 8915-F release has left me feeling frustrated and let down.

Specifically, I am referring to this message thread or forum where I was seeking information on when the Form 8915-F would be available. Your response was unhelpful, simply stating that it was scheduled for release on March 9, 2023, and that I should monitor a help article for updates. This lack of detail and transparency was concerning, as I needed this information to plan my tax filing process and avoid any penalties or late fees.

Furthermore, I was shocked to learn that another user had to inform me that the Form 8915-F was actually available, even though your response in the thread had not been updated. This is simply unacceptable, and I feel that you have let down your customers by failing to communicate effectively and in a timely manner.

As a result of your lack of communication and failure to meet your deadlines, I am requesting that you compensate me for any inconvenience or penalties that may have resulted from your mistakes. This compensation should reflect the impact that your actions have had on me and other customers, and should include a sincere apology for your lack of communication.

In conclusion, I am extremely disappointed in your handling of the Form 8915-F release and urge you to take steps to improve your communication and reliability in the future. Shame on you for letting down your customers in this way.

Where are you looking??

Based on person's comment, I just tried to complete my return and it didn't work. Also, TT is still saying March 9. This is nuts!!!!

Same here.

Not sure why it's not showing up for yall. I went to the review section where I normally see the date listed for the form to be available (March 9th). But this time it was gone and everything on my account was updated and actually allowed me the chance to review my federal taxes this time. Showing the amount included from this form. I'm on my phone. So I'm not planning to file it until I'm at my computer tomorrow to verify it. But it seems updated on my end. Turbotax might be pulling a ticketmaster and just updating for certain people at the moment.. so dumb. 

Mine still says not available. ;(

J_34
Level 3

I was able to efile.

I had all of my forms filled out previously. It just wouldn't let me past the final review stage due to saying waiting on 8915F form to be completed.

Now, I entered through the review again and it progressed onto the finishing stages. I check the hard copy and the forms all looked in place, so I went ahead and submitted / efiled. 

This all could be a mirage..... Until I receive the  "returns have been accepted", I will believe it. 🙂

J_34
Level 3

BTW... using TT online version.

I'm using the On line version. So it's now March 9 (about 7AM ET). I came to the section where it asked me if my IRA distribution in 2020 was Covid related. I checked off the Yes box. It then asked me to for some numbers from my 2021 return (the 2nd 1/3 income amount). After I put them in, it brought me back to the Income summary and I didn't see the final 1/ 3 amount. It shows zero. Am I doing something wrong or has the program still not been updated yet....as promised. Thanks all

J_34
Level 3

It works but very squirrely...

Since I prepaid to file, I could try an approach and then look and see what was being placed on what line in the return. I don't have time right now to nail it down specifically, but here is a link to a stream that I was weeding through.  Not sure if this link will work for a specific post... should be page 4 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-disaster-distribution/01/2637855/highlight/tru... 

I think this was the one that helped me.  

Screenshot 2023-03-09 7.08.03 AM.png

8915F - box 12 and 13 have same amount, 0 in box 14, and that put the total I needed to add for this year (third and final) in box 15. This then added that total on line 5b of my 1040.

Had to try it several different times, but finally got the right total to be included in the 1040 as needed.

Good luck!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies