turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jesushphx

Where do I send estimated tax payments for this current year, 2020?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It depends what state you live in.  You should mail the payment in for Federal payment with the 1040-ES form.  If you owe State estimated taxes, you would need to look on your States website for their form & addresses

Mailing Address for Federal Estimated Tax Payment (Form 1040-ES)

For people who are required to make an estimated tax payment, Form 1040-ES which is the estimated tax voucher can be used to submit your payment to the IRS using the following addresses.

Mississippi, Florida, Louisiana, and Texas
Internal Revenue Service P.O Box 1300 Charlotte NC 28201-1300
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington or Wyoming Internal Revenue Service P.O Box 510000 San Francisco, CA 94151- 5100
Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota or Wisconsin. Internal Revenue Service P.O Box 802502 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2502
Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Virginia Internal Revenue Service P.O Box 931100 Louisville, KY 40293-1100
Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia or Vermont Internal Revenue Service P.O Box 37007 Hartford, CT 06176-7007

View solution in original post

6 Replies

You can use the IRS tax payment website for your 2020 estimated tax payments - https://www.irs.gov/payments

Or if you are using the paper IRS Form 1040-ES for mailing you payment, then go to this IRS website for where to mail based on your state of residence - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

It depends what state you live in.  You should mail the payment in for Federal payment with the 1040-ES form.  If you owe State estimated taxes, you would need to look on your States website for their form & addresses

Mailing Address for Federal Estimated Tax Payment (Form 1040-ES)

For people who are required to make an estimated tax payment, Form 1040-ES which is the estimated tax voucher can be used to submit your payment to the IRS using the following addresses.

Mississippi, Florida, Louisiana, and Texas
Internal Revenue Service P.O Box 1300 Charlotte NC 28201-1300
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington or Wyoming Internal Revenue Service P.O Box 510000 San Francisco, CA 94151- 5100
Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota or Wisconsin. Internal Revenue Service P.O Box 802502 Cincinnati, OH 45280-2502
Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Virginia Internal Revenue Service P.O Box 931100 Louisville, KY 40293-1100
Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia or Vermont Internal Revenue Service P.O Box 37007 Hartford, CT 06176-7007
jsteets2

I'm an Arizona tax filer and my 2020 estimated payment vouchers and they have an IRS service center in Cincinnati that is the mailing address...last year they were sent to the San Francisco center, did something change or is this a glitch in the software?

@jsteets2 The mailing address for Arizona residents is Cincinnati for estimated tax payments.

jsteets2

Yes, the mailing address for final returns are San Francisco, however the 1040 ES vouchers for estimated payments have them going to Cincinnati this year. 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

The Cincinnati address is the correct address for 1040-ES payments for residents of Arizona.  The complete list of addresses by state can be found on the form instructions (p. 5) found here: Form 1040-ES.

@jsteets2

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies