Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where do I see this in TT online 2018? "New 20% Qualified Business Income (QBI) Deduction for Pass-through Entities"

Appears to be some progress in clarification - See IRS Notice 2019-7

Where do I see this in TT online 2018? "New 20% Qualified Business Income (QBI) Deduction for Pass-through Entities"

I am actually seeing that it is calculated. What you need to do, is completely finish your business income section and click continue. There should be no "review" prompt or warning. TurboTax will then ask if the work you performed for your self employed job was in the United States. After clicking yes, you'll see your discount automatically applied if your industry is included in the QBI deduction (mine was marketing consulting).

I never found a worksheet either, but I assume it is the QBI being applied. My refund went from $1500 for federal to $3500 for Federal as soon as I finished the business income and expense section of TurboTax.
TaxCTH2018
Returning Member

For Sole Proprietors / sched C

if you do not see an entry in line 9 (QBI -199A deduction) then switch to forms view and go thru your Sch C...

towards the bottom you will see a checkbox for qualified business - select it and then line 9 will populate

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies