turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

northupl

Where can i locate my confirmation number for a scheduled direct payment

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

I'm looking for the same information.  I'd like to change my tax payment date and I can't find the confirmation number in order to look up my payment details on irs.gov.  Is this a turbo tax confirmation number?  Please advise?  Thanks

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Once you leave the IRS direct pay application you are not able to get your confirmation number.

"I lost my Direct Pay confirmation number, can I retrieve it? 
Unfortunately, the Direct Pay application cannot currently retrieve your confirmation number once you leave the application.  Ref:  Additional Information on IRS Direct Pay

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

where was it recorded in the intuit confrimation email i recieved when I successfully e-filed through turbotax?

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@usernameishere If you are needing to confirm your direct debit date, please follow the instructions below: 

1. Open your return if it's not already open.
  2. On the Tax Home screen with the amount of your refund and status, scroll down and select Add a State (don't worry, we're not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.
  3. In the left menu, select Tax Tools then Print Center.
  4. On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  5. On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2019 federal returns and Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets (optional), then select View or Print Forms.
  6. The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2019 Federal Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund."
Nomad240

Has my return been sent

Only you can file it.  When did you file?  Did you efile?   Was it Accepted?

Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

If you used the Online version you can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.  And check your spam folder for them.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say?

when did you try to e-file? it was closed for most purposes on 10/15/2022

if you mean your Refund, it is taking the IRS 6 months or more to send it.  Longer if you mailed your tax return.

If your return was Accepted or mailed then check IRS Where's my refund
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/

When will you get your refund?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/01/25589

IRS - Questions about Refunds
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

In order to get may Order confirmation document to use as a receipt for tax purposes I need my confirmation number to enter into my on line account. I keep hitting dead ends and I'm getting tired of this!

@1112194329 wrote:

In order to get may Order confirmation document to use as a receipt for tax purposes I need my confirmation number to enter into my on line account. I keep hitting dead ends and I'm getting tired of this!

If you are referring to the Order number for the TurboTax edition you used then follow this procedure -

Sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Click on Intuit Account at the bottom left corner of the webpage

Click on Products & billing

Click on TurboTax

Click on Payments

The order number will be listed for each TurboTax product you have ordered.

If you are referring to something else, please explain.

Cdmiles46

How can I find my federal payment confirmation number

BrittanyS
Expert Alumni

If you need to find your payment confirmation, you can follow these steps in TurboTax online:

1. Select Add a State (don't worry, we're not adding a state).  This will allow you to access your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools in the Print Center in the left menu.
  3. Select Print, save or preview this year's return on the TurboTax Print Center screen.
  4. On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2022 federal returns, Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets (optional), and then select View or Print Forms.
  5. The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2022 Federal Tax Return, next to Balance Due/Refund."

[Edited 02/21/23 | 12:24pm PST]

Hankie01

If you neglected to write down your IRS Direct Pay Confirmation number when you scheduled your tax payment just call the ESTPS department at(888)353-4537.  Have all the relevant details of your scheduled payment available (date when payment scheduled, date of when payment is scheduled, amount of payment, routing #, account #, and your SS#).  The helpful representative will give you a cancelation # which you should write down because they don't send a confirmation email with the relevant information.  I'm retired so I had hours to burn in discovering this well hidden information which should have been available in QB IMHO.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies