turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Redman6971
Returning Member

Wher is my second economic stimulus payment

Yes I'm having trouble getting my check

jsw1125
Returning Member

I paid for my return out of my bank and not my return and still got screwed 

I was wondering what happened. Now I KNOW. I am Done with Turbo tax After 7 years. I will find another tax Company. H& R Block looks Good. let Turbo tax Fight With the IRS I DON'T CARE !!!! I AM DONE !!!!

Britto04
Returning Member

What I don't understand is it was my boyfriend's bank account that was closed and he still hasn't received a check or anything... I got an email to update my direct deposit information and he didn't get one... The track my payment tool still says they sent it to his bank on the 4th and never updated the status that they sent a check or anything... Why didn't HE get the email also about updating his direct deposit info? Doesn't make any sense to me at all

Lew56

Where is my stimulus check haven't gotten it yet. I don't file taxes anymore I draw widow benefits from social security I need it now please 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you checked the status of your payment using the "Get My Payment" tool? You can use the tool by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Where’s my second stimulus?

Yes, I have but it said no information 

Britto04
Returning Member

Yes, I check it EVERY day and my status still says unavailable. I used my significant other's bank account last year and it has been closed as of a few months ago. My status has always said unavailable but his status shows it was supposed to be direct deposited to his bank account (now closed) on January 4th. He STILL hasn't received a check or anything and his status still shows the bank account on the 4th. How come i received an email from turbo tax asking me to update my direct deposit info so I can receive my payment within 5 business days but he never revived an email asking him to do that and we used the SAME bank account? I wish they would update the tool so I know if they sent him a check or not. I updated my direct deposit info last Wednesday and have yet to receive anything. 

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

If you have not received your second (and first if applicable) stimulus payment it is not lost.  However, you must reconcile it on your 2020 tax return. It will not be deposited into your bank at this time.

There were some IRS issues with the second stimulus deposits. For those who did not receive their second stimulus check there is a Recovery Rebate Credit that will part of your tax return which will include it with the rest of your refund.  Please use the links below for more information. 

1. When will I get my second stimulus check? (scroll to this question when you select the hyperlink)
  2. Why haven't I received my second stimulus check?
  3. IRS Recovery Rebate Credit

In TurboTax Online once your return is open, select Wages & Income (to enter the tax return).

Select Federal Review at the top of the page > Continue to answer the questions for Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount

TurboTax will then include any stimulus amount due on their 1040 form - either added to their refund or it will reduce the amount due.

RUSTY56

I don't understand why I haven't received my second stimulus check yet, when a lot of people has gotten theirs already. 

Fortunately, if you did not receive your second stimulus payment, you can claim it on your 2020 tax return.  

To receive your stimulus payment that has not yet been sent to you by the IRS, complete your 2020 tax return with TurboTax.   At the end of the interview, the software prompts you about your stimulus payment. If you did not receive one, it will factor in as a credit and you will receive a refund.

Your 2020 TurboTax return "stimulus credit" should kick the payment into action, making it easier for you to receive it timely without chasing it down.  

Here is a link that helps you check on your second stimulus payment.

@RUSTY56

There was a a checked box on my 1040 that should not have been checked when I did my 2019 taxes. The box noting that "Someone can claim my spouse as dependent". I only discovered that this was checked when inquiring with the IRS regarding my Stimulus payment last spring (2020). They said I was ineligible because that box was checked.  I had noticed that it was also checked the previous year I filed with TurboTax, but I never checked this before.  This was nothing that I checked myself, (and it wasn't checked on my wife's taxes, which I also did) but somehow it defaulted or some such thing.  The IRS claimed I could be credited this year, but had no idea of how that would be done or what I would need to do to obtain it.    A TT rep did noted to me that by making sure that this box was UN-checked, that I should be credited.  Would I then expect to receive all back stimulus payments that have thus far been issued, since I would be eligible?  And what would be the rough timeline by which I would receive them?  At this point, I have not received last year's $1,200 and the recent $600.  There may be another one coming before I do my taxes, so it will likely be three stimulus payments I would be receiving.  Thank you for clarifying.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

If you do not receive a stimulus payment or if the amount received is not correct, you can claim it on your 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit.

In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:

1. Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
  2. Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
  3. On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
  4. Follow the interview
  5. TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
  6. Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.

Hi, Catina

It was estimated on TT that today I should receive my IRS tax refund, but nothing has been deposited.  As usual, when I go to the IRS site to check my status, it tells me it can't provide any info.   I have never EVER gotten useful information from the IRS site.  Are there delays this year with issuing direct deposit refunds?

Also, I read today that the Senate may approve a tax break for those who were on UE last year for the first $10.200.  I received partial unemployment last year, but have already done my taxes.  How would I be able to take advantage of the break, if it is approved?

Thank you again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies