turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

When will the 2021 8915-f form be available on Turbo Tax to efile?

[Edited 2/9/2022/12:00pm PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Actually it's not, on 2/4/22 it was finalized and other tax companies already have it in their system. 

The finalized form was released on 2/2/22. Even several TT employees have already confirmed that! You guys have GOT to get on the same page! Too many differing"expert" opinions! Several other tax companies already have it and taxes with it filed are being accepted by the IRS! Mine included! You guys need to have a huddle or something

@DMarkM1  That is false. The draft at the link you just posted says that the final released forms are posted at IRS.gov/LatestForms. You posted the link to the draft forms site at which all the forms stay even after final release. Also several of us have successfully filed our taxes through another company with the 8915-f. 

https://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/formsPublications.html;jsessionid=z1Bqy03MYstuLNw4LCfULxNp.21...

Hello, i believe you are mistaken. The form has been released by the IRS. That list you shared only has drafts and not the completed forms. You can find the released 8915-F on the IRS website or here:

https://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/priorFormPublication.html?resultsPerPage=200&sortColumn=sortO...

Anonymous
Not applicable

when?  March is not acceptable.   Interesting other products have already implemented it now that the form is final.  I am going to have to look into it.

This is not the case. The IRS released the final version of 8915F on 2/3 and instructions on 2/4. I have been a loyal customer of TT for over 15 years. I sure hope the release it soon or will be returning my copy for refund on going with H&R Block since they seem to value their customers and have already released the form in their software solution. 

I'm probably the most skeptical person you'll ever meet, but out of curiosity, I looked into Freetaxusa and sure as **bleep**, the form is there and I submitted my taxes 30 min ago. I've used TT forever and I'm sick of the price hikes, calling "experts" who can't answer questions, or getting multiple "experts" that give you different answers to the same questions. Free tax cost me $15. Actually a penny less than that. It couldn't have been more simple. BTW... I've never written a review (positive or negative) about anything, but believe what the others are saying about free tax. Good luck.

Lord I hope you people are not using freetax site. They are scammers and tons of them are coming over here and leaving fake reviews. If you do a Google search you will see they scam you and take your money from the IRS.

@kellyjesr1 see my reply above

please- hope you don’t get scammed

I've been with TurboTax for 10 years. I did a thorough review of different tax companies and FreeTaxUSA had the best overall reviews and is an IRS approved site. Can you post a link from a reputable site about the scam you refer to? 

I said reputable 🤣🤣 Sitejabber? Really?? Come on 

@Sld4064 not fake. Have fun waiting✌️

Free tax is not a scam. I'm linking a review by PCMag which is a reputable magazine/business. I'm more reluctant than 99% of the people on here. I don't believe anything I read, but I know others (personally) who used free tax last year and had no issues.  https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/freetaxusa.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies