turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will my owed 2018 Income Tax be charged to my Chase Checking account ?

When will my bank account be charge with my 2018 Income Tax?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Check to see if you put in the wrong DD info ... if you did mess up the IRS or State  will be sending you a bill shortly ... follow the notice instructions to pay the debt. 

How do I review the method I chose to pay my federal income tax with, after filing with TurboTax Online?

You can verify the tax payment method you chose on the Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2018 Federal Tax Return page, next to Balance Due/Refund. To see the page, follow these instructions:

1.     Open your return if it’s not already open.

2.     On the [Your name], your 2018 federal return was accepted! screen, scroll down and select Add a State (don’t worry, we’re not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.

3.     On the left side select Tax Tools then Print Center.

4.     On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year’s return.

5.     On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2018 federal returns and Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) then select View or print forms.

6.     The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2018 Federal or State Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund.

Related Information:

·         How do I review the federal refund method I chose after filing with TurboTax Online?

·         What is Adobe Reader? Where do I get it?

This is a surprise to me. I was not aware that I owed the State of New Jersey any Income Tax for 2018. How can that be, and I was not informed before. My experience is that I paid my balance by check, Credit Card or debit my bank account immediately upon completion before filing. Please explain because I am, anxious to finish with my 2021 State Tax.

Thank you very much

Huntley G Anderson

How much do I owe as balance in my 2018 Jersey Income Tax.?

Huntley G Anderson

@huntanders No one else can see your account.   Where are you seeing that you owe tax to New Jersey?  Did the state send you a letter?   If you are only seeing tax due on your online TurboTax account, that only means that when you prepared your state return, you had tax due.   The account does not ever update to show that you paid.  Your proof that you paid your tax due is your own bank or credit card record.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

This is a mystery to me, to learn that I owe State Income tax since 2018. No where have I seen this written and neither was I ever been told.  At this age and stage of my life I do not need to and neither do I want to owe State or Federal Income Tax. I am sorry for the confusion or misunderstanding.

I am anxious to settle this issue once and for all. So please let me know , where do we go from here.

Thank you very much.

Huntley G. Anderson

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

Can your clarify your question? 

What makes you think you owe tax to New Jersey?

Have you received a letter from New Jersey?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It is still not clear to me how this owed 2018 Income Tax came about. I am not able to authorize a debit to my Chase Bank Account until I am convinced that I owe that Tax debt to the State of new Jersey. It is inconceivable how this debt could be outstanding for some 3 years and not mentioned for settlement before. I would greatly appreciate a response from a responsible OFFICIAL.

Thank you.

Huntley G. Anderson 

@huntanders You have not answered the question of where you are seeing that you owe the state.   Did NJ send you a letter?

If the state sent you a letter:

TurboTax does not receive any information from the IRS or your state after your return was filed, so no one at TurboTax knows about a letter you received from the IRS or the state.

TurboTax has a special phone number for help with IRS/state tax letters, which will be easier than going through regular Customer Support.   At the page below, click on the blue button that says "Get Help from TurboTax Support".  Then it will ask you what tax year is your letter.  Then it will ask you what the letter concerns. Then it will show you the phone number during posted business hours.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies