Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will form 8915F2-S be ready

I've been ready for file for almost a month now, but this form for Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions is not ready. The website has only been saying "ready soon".
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am told it will be ready by 3/22 if not by that date then 3/29. Why is it taking so long?

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Did you have a withdrawal from a tax deferred retirement account in 2021, 2022 or 2023 due to a federally declared disaster? 

If not, did you have withdrawal from a tax deferred retirement account in 2020 due to the Coronavirus?  If so, did you pay back the distribution amount in 2020, 2021 and 2022?

Trying to find out if you even need the Form 8915-F2-S.

Hi! Yes, we did an early withdrawal from my husbands retirement account to make repairs to our house that was damaged from Hurricane Ian in 2022.  

@madseason26 wrote:

Hi! Yes, we did an early withdrawal from my husbands retirement account to make repairs to our house that was damaged from Hurricane Ian in 2022.  

Thank you, that does help with why some folks are needing that particular form while others do not.

I called into Turbotax last week and was told that I would be able to file with that form last night. But here I am this morning and getting the same message.  Is there an update on readiness of that form and availability to file? 

just checked this morning and mine still says not ready. Uggghh so frustrating!

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Although the Forms Availability Table indicates that Form 8915-F is ready for filing, there have been recent developments that required additional updates to the form. This is why you received the message to revisit later. Please check back after 3/15/2024

Since updates are released each week (usually Thursday/Friday) after business hours Pacific time, we recommend you wait to update your software the next day (if using the desktop version), then try your entries again.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so so much for this reply!! I’ll be patient and wait until the 15th. 🥰

I am told it will be ready by 3/22 if not by that date then 3/29. Why is it taking so long?

Ugh I have noooo idea. But it’s super frustrating!

This form still shows unavailable. Can you please escalate this with TurboTax. Many users can’t file because of this. It’s impacting a lot of members in this community.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 8915-F does show as being available on the Form Availability List.  However there are some software updates being implement that have resulted in a delay.  Please check back after 3/15/2024, update your software if you are in the desktop version of the software, and try to proceed with your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The lack of priority on this shows how bad turbotax has gotten. The issue hasn't been resolved, and the generic response is to check back next week.

The positive from this is that future clients will see this and hopefully not repeat my mistake of pre paying my taxes with turbotax. Shame on you Turbo Tax.

b16
Level 2

What is up with them this year?  I was told a week ago that it would be ready by 3/15/24, when it was supposed to be ready in January, then I was promised in February, then early March.  They are holding up a lot of people's refunds that have already been affected by a disaster. I'm hoping we can get the forms soon.  We are one month out from the April 15 due date.

It still says ready soon. The customer service agent told me to check back before 4/15. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies