Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will form 8915-E be update and available for 2021 tax year?

For a form that was supposed to be released soon back in January it is amazing how long soon becomes. I think this is out of line, but then it is the government.  

It is now March 5, 2022 and Turbo Tax has not yet set their system up for the 2021 Tax year 2nd installment for the 3 year coronavirus related Cares Act distribution from the 2020 Tax year.  How can this be taking so long??? The IRS April deadline is looming and getting closer every day.

@hellodoreen As previously stated on this thread -

Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Retirements for tax year 2021 is estimated to be available in TurboTax on 03/31/2022 

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

fivestar9538
Returning Member

Why not just report in other income the 2/3 portion of it? Its the same exact thing.. tax wise.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Because the IRS will not find it there ... they are expecting it on the 8915-F and if you don't put it there you will get a CP2000 notice in a year or 2 for the mismatched income the computer will not be able to reconcile. 

I already paid all of the taxes in 2020. I didn’t opt for the 3 year payment. I am not understanding why it wants me to fill a form out. I feel like they are trying to deduct the taxes again. 

I shouldn’t have to fill the form out. I paid the taxes up front and didn’t opt to do the 3 year installments. 

@Jmjenison  You are stymied for no reason and you'll have to ask Customer Support for the way forward.

I am having the same problem. I truly don't understand what the hold up is. The form is available online at the IRS and is self generated. Why is it taking Turbo Tax so long to incorporate the Form into their system? This is really horrible customer service! 

www.freetaxusa.com has 8915F form and honestly, this software was much easier to use then turbo tax.  It is free, State costs 14.95 to electronically file, but all else is free.  Never again will I use turbo tax, it was a very poor quality software package this year, and I have been using it for years, but I am done with it.  FreetaxUSA was very easy to follow and online help was great.

Now shows 3/24 for form 8915-F.

Woo hoo.... getting closer lol #sotiredofthis #ijustwanttofile

Hot **bleep** boys, we got ourselves a week.

hello all, I was wondering if anyone is aware of a release date for this functionality at this point. Seems like it’s been a few weeks since last discussed

3/24 is the latest.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies