Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will form 8915-E be update and available for 2021 tax year?

What is this form 

If you took a pension/IRA distribution in 2020 due to covid and choose to spread the taxes on it over 3 tax years evenly then you must use the new form 8915-F to report the 2021 portion.  

Not available in Turbo Tax until March 31? You've got to be kidding me. I have everything else I need to finish my return. Why would this take so long?

Mingoabc
Returning Member

Thank you 

Anonymous
Not applicable

03/31/2022 is the release date they give for almost all of their unreleased from.  As the form gets closer to release they will update the relaese date to the actual release date.  In stead of saying TBD, indefinite, they are saying we will have it done by 03/31/2022.  That does not mean it won't be done before that.  Last year it was the same exact thing, with this same form.  They release it around 10 days after the IRS released theirs.

A lot of this angst is caused by unrealistic expectations based on a knowledge deficit.  I do not expect them to update their software the next day after an IRS form is released.  I expect them to prioritize releasing forms based on whom it will benefit the most and make this company the most money.

And, it is worth waiting for me, because I trust them with my taxes and I do not trust any other DIY software with my taxes.

This is not hard people, they will release this form as fast as they can.  You are blaming the wrong people. 

Why has not one person asked the question of why the IRS is releasing a form 6 weeks into the year when they could have released it 6 months ago?

I do not have a retirement plan at all do I still need this

Anonymous
Not applicable

No not if you do not have a IRA, SEP IRA, 401(k) etc. 

, kind of curious how you got here tho?  Why did you search on this form if you don't need it?

There are a lot of depending on this form when doing our taxes, all this is doing is making others fan I as well to question how long? Should we go else where since this is a very important part of doing taxes for the people that have children so I really hope its not to long because ill just find someone who does offer the form on my taxes to be done asap.

EFM
Level 2

The IRS Form 8915-F and its Instructions have already been formally issued by the IRS since February 3, 2022.

EFM
Level 2

P.S. The Form 8915-F has already been included in the free online tax software program Free Tax USA 2021 edition. I have been able to complete my 2021 federal taxes for e-file (free) by using it.

Having the forms & instructions available in print is not the same as getting the computer codes and technical instructions to the programmers.  Once the technical specs are put out they must be integrated into the tax programs, tested and approved by the IRS before they are allowed to be released for use in efiling.  This doesn't just happen in a moment ... it takes time.  

Johnfagan55
Returning Member

Can you send forms asap 

EFM
Level 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EFM - So what?  We all bought this program/service and n one is going to go to the company who is paying you to post here.   The fact that they hire shills and trolls is all the reason I need to NEVER use Free whatever the heck Taxes online .com

You telling us that you use another service has nothing to do with this thread:

Re: When will form 8915-E be update and available for 2021 tax year?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies