Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will form 8915-E 2020 be available in turbo tax?

Turbo Tax updated the available date to 02/25. I hope its ready by tomorrow. 

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

If anyone is truly desperate to file using the 8915-E form, I've noticed that the form is live through Tax Slayer. I've personally tried through tax slayer and it did in fact remove the penalty.

mtcsr2000

I've waited this long, and already completed everything else for my return on TurboTax. I guess I can wait one more day. It's not TT's fault. It's the IRScam.

Taxact and freetaxusa has it available. 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Good News, the form and instructions are available on the IRS site but the programming has not yet been finalized in the TurboTax software. This should be completed soon and it is expected to be available in TurboTax on or before 2/24/2021. 

At this point and time the Form 8915-E (Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement
Plan Distributions and Repayments (Use for Coronavirus-Related Distributions)) is not finalized. We currently do not have an estimated date when the form is ready.

Please sign-up here and we will email you once the form is live.

The CARES Act provides tax relief for up to $100,000 of COVID-19 related distributions from eligible retirement plans. So, if you, your spouse, your dependent, or a member of your household was impacted by the coronavirus and you withdrew from your retirement accounts in 2020 before the age of 59 ½, you may not have to pay the 10% early withdrawal penalty (or the 25% additional tax for SIMPLE IRAs).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
beckieseese
Returning Member

The form has been distributed to the VITA free tax sites.  It didn't come over on Turbo Tax updates today.  When will Turbo Tax update the forms?

@beckieseese wrote:

The form has been distributed to the VITA free tax sites.  It didn't come over on Turbo Tax updates today.  When will Turbo Tax update the forms?

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments is scheduled to be available in TurboTax on 02/25/2021

Go to this website for IRS forms availability in TurboTax - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Krull1989

is taxslayer good?  Ive never used them?

RAS101

It is now February 24, 2021 and the IRS finalized the 8915-E weeks ago.  When will the form be in the Turbo Tax software so we can get on with filing tax returns for those needing to include the form in their returns?

@RAS101 wrote:

It is now February 24, 2021 and the IRS finalized the 8915-E weeks ago.  When will the form be in the Turbo Tax software so we can get on with filing tax returns for those needing to include the form in their returns?

Form 8915-E, Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments is scheduled to be available in TurboTax on 02/25/2021

Go to this website for IRS forms availability in TurboTax - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Taxslayer does not take the penalty out but at the very end advises you to wait until 8915 is updated . Atleast that’s what it said this am 

Adams4

Now the link says file is unsupported online for efile and paper file 3/11. Many people are desperately trying to get a tax return and this form is not uploaded yet. 

@Adams4 wrote:

Now the link says file is unsupported online for efile and paper file 3/11. Many people are desperately trying to get a tax return and this form is not uploaded yet. 

I don't know what link you are referring to but the TurboTax available forms link says 2/25 for both

.https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

@Adams4 wrote:

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 3.58.49 PM.jpg

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

The form is now available and I was told from Intuit that the form would be programmed by Feb 22nd.  That is still not the case and I'm wondering when it will be finished.  I may have to do my taxes with FreeTaxUSA.

I'm a long time TurboTax customer and I'm very frustrated by lack of good communication and a specific timeline.

I'm waiting on TurboTax to upload the form too and I'm not sure why everyone is so upset. Ok so you will save the 10% penalty but most of us will be paying taxes this year because you still have to pay income tax on the withdrawal so what's the rush? In a hurry to pay your taxes?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies