Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When is turbo tax sending out the second stimulus checks to people who filed through turbo tax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

When is turbo tax sending out the second stimulus checks to people who filed through turbo tax

TurboTax does not send out stimulus checks.  Only the IRS controls when and if a stimulus payment is distributed.

The stimulus payment will go to the account you entered for direct deposit on the 2019 tax return.  The direct deposit information cannot be changed.  If the account is closed the IRS will send the payment by mail or on a debit card.

Go to this IRS website for stimulus information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-and-irs-begin-delivering-second-round-of-economic-impact-payme...

Go to this IRS website to check the status of your payment - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

The IRS send the stimulus direct deposits to turbotax just like the do the taxes just wondering thats all there is a lot of people depending on thier stimulus thats all

@MichaelDuman wrote:

The IRS send the stimulus direct deposits to turbotax just like the do the taxes just wondering thats all there is a lot of people depending on thier stimulus thats all

TurboTax does not receive any kind of tax refund, federal or state.  Nor does TurboTax receive any type of economic impact payment.

TurboTax is a software company.  Not a financial institution like a bank.

OK I'm sorry I thought you did i apologize 

Minisweet

Nobthey don't receive it but they affiliated santander bank does. And when you fille your taxes the return is send to santander and santander send it to you. His question is valid as many of us waiting for that money to pay bill. Many about to be evicted because they counting on that money.no need to be rude to answer

If you used refund transfer, the IRS is not supposed to send your stimulus payment to that bank, they are supposed to mail you a check. The IRS has screwed up this year and sent some stimulus payments to the bank anyway, which is bouncing them.

First you need to go to the IRS website and check your eligibility and see if a stimulus payment has even been issued. The IRS has until January 15 to mail you a check or a debit card if it can’t make a direct deposit. If the IRS does not mail a check or debit card before January 15, then you will have to claim the credit on your tax return.

nwagtmustang
Returning Member

The IRS has stated on their website that if status shows unavailable, you will not receive a check or direct deposit, even though you got the 1st stimulus payment.  My ex wife did not get hers, I did not get mine, we both use turbo tax.  Even though the IRS said they have until the 15th, they are now saying checks or direct deposits will not be going out if payment status says unknown.  Frustrating.  I have contacted my local congressman, and was told the office has received numerous complaints about this problem.  

@nwagtmustang wrote:

The IRS has stated on their website that if status shows unavailable, you will not receive a check or direct deposit, even though you got the 1st stimulus payment.  My ex wife did not get hers, I did not get mine, we both use turbo tax.  Even though the IRS said they have until the 15th, they are now saying checks or direct deposits will not be going out if payment status says unknown.  Frustrating.  I have contacted my local congressman, and was told the office has received numerous complaints about this problem.  

If true, that is unfortunate.  The IRS has known all along who used refund transfer, and they pledged not to send deposits to those accounts.  They screwed up in a big way.  At least you will receive the rebate as part of your tax refund.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies