Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I select "no" for the question did you receive a 1099-MISC form & "no" for the subsequent "1099-K", app keeps looping back and not letting me continue to next page?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

When I select "no" for the question did you receive a 1099-MISC form & "no" for the subsequent "1099-K", app keeps looping back and not letting me continue to next page?

This is a known bug in the September 12 software update. The bug has been reported to TurboTax.

Intuit, please fix this bug RIGHT AWAY.  I'm stuck and I need to file my taxes ASAP.  Thank you.

Hi - I had the same problem. Not exactly sure how I got around it, but I added a Dummy 1099-k with $1.00.  Then, I deleted that entry, and it took me to the next page.... Hope it works for you!

I just tried that several times and it did not work for me.  Thanks for the suggestion, though.

RabbMD
Returning Member

Didn't work for me either. I even tried starting a brand new file from 2022 going straight to the business section and adding in my legit 1099-nec and 1099-k and still the same loop on a brand new file. 

I have the same problem.  After two phone calls to Intuit, the conclusion is that the 2023 version of Turbotax Deluxe cannot handle self-employed taxes, and I would need to buy the Home & Business version.  Maybe I'll do that for next year, but for this year I'll just fill out the forms manually, as that seems to work.
Strange that the 2022 Deluxe version had no problems with self-employment taxes.
Maybe the Home & Business version would work, but I have no way of knowing without buying it!

HI - this is a real problem.  But, I was able to get around it.  It is clearly a programming glitch that improperly crates a loop between the Misc form and the 1099 K form entries. I AM VERY SURPRISED THAT TURBOTAX HAS NOT UPDATED THIS!!

I was able to work around it by going back and forth, entering and deleting K and MISC forms going back and back and then delete and forward and forward... somehow I was able to do it.  Frustrating. I have been using this software for over 20 years.  Should not be happening!

It's not just the 2023 Deluxe version.  It's also the 2023 Premier version, which is what I'm using.  And this only happened AFTER the automatic update dated 9/18/2024.  The updates before that were fine.  This is a technical issue with that specific update and TurboTax will not acknowledge it.  I, too, spent a lot of time with their customer support and got nowhere.  If anyone knows of a way to roll back the latest update, please let us know.  Thanks.

Help I don't know what to do either.  This bug is stopping me, I have premier version

I ACCIDENTALLY FOUND A WORKAROUND.  READ ON. 

I was on the phone with customer support for a very long time.  Intuit was aware of the problem and opened a case as of 09/18/2024, which is when the latest updates were released.  They closed the case for some reason.  After I spoke with them, they escalated it to higher ups and hopefully they will re-open the case and resolve it with their next update.

The problem appears to be the blue YES and NO buttons on the 1099-K page.  They somehow take you back to the 1099-MISC page.  So, HERE IS THE WORKAROUND:

If you don't have a 1099-K, don't press the blue "No" button on the "Did you get a 1099-K?" page.  Press the "Back" button instead at the bottom left and it will take you to the next page, and you can continue.

If you DO have a 1099-K, press the blue "Yes" button, fill out your 1099-K and after you finish, in the "Your 1099-K summary" page do NOT hit the blue "Done" button.  Instead, Press the "Back" button and it will take you to the next page, and you can continue.

Hope this helps.

GML1

Thank you so much!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies