Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

shelby35

When I go to E-file my return I get an error transmission error everytime. It says Tax year 2022 transmissions are not available even though it states you can E-file now.

After reading everyone’s comment and searching internet, they said to transmit federal and go back after February 3 to send state. It let me send federal so I will do the state later.  

When I go to E-file my return I get an error transmission error everytime. It says Tax year 2022 transmissions are not available even though it states you can E-file now.

I've solved the NC State filing problem.  After you've chosen to e-file both your State and Federal taxes returns, change your filing choice for the state portion of you file later, but continue to e-file the federal portion of the tax return. The federal will go through and simply e, mail file the NC State Tax Return after February 3r; per NCDOR anticipated filling ready date.

FOR NC STATE FILERS 📣

YES! this worked, my federal went through as soon as I changed my option "I'm not ready to file"  State Return continued through the next several pages and it successfully filed the Fed Return on the first try. I too went to NCDOR and read NC Individual Tax Returns won't be available to be accepted via e-file until 2/3 or later. Don't waste time on TURBO TAX trying to file both FED & NC State Returns IT WILL NOT WORK sorry to say (I've tried every solution they suggested none work for NC). 

Your total filing fee for FED/STATE will still be deducted from your FED Return even if you delay the NC State return to 2/3 which is not an issue for me.  Just remember to log in next Friday 2/3 or Saturday 2/4 to try submitting NC State Returns. Good Luck and Thanks for the help fellow community members!🙌 (JETessier)

kaliah0216
Returning Member

Anyone have information for California? I’ve tried clearing my cache and cookies, I’ve selected the pay later option and still getting blank screen

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Some forms may not be available which can cause this message.  Please see the Help Article here to look up your specific state or federal forms.   

@lyr123

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was able to file my state taxes this morning!

Its not a TurboTax thing - it is a Colorado thing.  Colorado is not accepting ANY e-filed Colorado returns from ANY software - not even from their own CO Revunue On-line. They said that due to the many CO tax law changes late in the year, they will not accept any e-filed returns until they are sure their software is "ready."  So all Colorado returns (regardless of the software) are in "pending" status until "mid to late February."

I tried filing my federal only and not the state and it still wouldn’t work for me.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

When your state or the IRS have the forms available for publishing they will release them. It is not Turbo Tax that releases forms needed for a return. The date is based on the day specified by the IRS or the state. 

It's possible the form is not available. Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on State forms availability for personal use.

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products.
Why does DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL appear on my printouts?
State forms availability table for TurboTax Business.

Sandra49

When I go to efile my return get an error transmission everytime 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

First, check to be sure all forms you're filing are ready and available for e-filing.  You can do that here:  When will my individual tax forms be available in TurboTax?

Next, which state return are you filing?  Visit your state's Department of Revenue site to ensure your state has begun accepting e-filed returns. Refer to the following Help Article for the link to your state's website:  How do I contact my state Department of Revenue? - Intuit

@Sandra49 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies