turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I go to E-file my return I get an error transmission error everytime. It says Tax year 2022 transmissions are not available even though it states you can E-file now.

I am in Colorado if that makes any difference. I understand it won't E-file immediately but it should go through and turbotax automatically send it when it does open up as it has done in previous years.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When I go to E-file my return I get an error transmission error everytime. It says Tax year 2022 transmissions are not available even though it states you can E-file now.

Yep I tried to file my federal separately thinking that may be the issue and I still got the error message. I filed with h and r block today and both went through with no issues at all

View solution in original post

40 Replies

Unfortunately this doesn't apply to my situation, I checked and ensured that page and made sure all the Colorado forms that were a part of my colorado return were efile ready and available and had green checks next to both so not sure what else it could be. May just get a refund and file elsewhere. 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Some forms (including Federal forms) may not be available which can cause this message.  Please see the Help Article here for State Form Availability and IRS Form Availability.  

@warrenk2013

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi Heather, Allegedly my individual federal and state forms (NC) are available for filing today (1/26/23) and I receive the same message ("Tax Year 2022 transmissions are not available") despite the Review tab displaying as acceptable for filing. I have a simple return, so not sure what is causing this issue.

I am getting the same message, also with a simple return.  I don't understand why it didn't let us file state taxes until today 1/26/2023 but now its not letting them go through.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Are you filing using Turbo Tax online or Turbo Tax desktop? @edubpotter  @natasharlbe

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
luisaraujo21
Returning Member

I am using Turbo Tax online and I'm getting the same error.

Tax Year 2022 transmissions are not available.

I have tried on my mobile phone too with no success. I have already paid but I cannot file.

Hi, I have tried submitting via the website —  Google Chrome on my laptop. 

jesus-why

Same issue.  Disappointing.

Same and I’m also in Nc. About to say to hell with turbo tax.

It shouldn’t matter if it is mobile or desktop I have filed using both in the past….. and neither is working at all right now. If it isn’t resolved by tomorrow someone else will be processing my taxes this year. 

This happened to me today. I ended up having to change my state to “Mail in” so my fed would transmit.  I am in NC and just dont think they’re ready for e-file yet.  Forms for NC were supposed to be ready today 1/26 for printing and e-file but the TT site isn’t showing available yet.  Ill just keep trying to submit state every few days. Looks like this happened last year to some and it eventually worked. 

Deebo19

I am getting this same error when I try to file for North Carolina. 

shelby35

I am getting the same error when trying to transmit my return. NC was supposed to start accepting returns on 1/23/23. I really do not want to mail mine in or have to redo. How long do I have to wait for someone to fix the problem? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies