turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

clohr

When can I start turbotax 2021 premier taxes? I have good estimates of all the information I need to enter right now.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

When can I start turbotax 2021 premier taxes? I have good estimates of all the information I need to enter right now.

The TurboTax online editions for tax year 2021 will not be available until sometime in early December.

The TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions for tax year 2021 are available now on this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

You can use the TurboTax calculator TaxCaster to get an estimate of the tax refund or taxes owed - https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/taxcaster/

Sometime in the next two weeks (i.e. early December)  ..... Premier "Online" should be available.  Just log into your account every few days and see if it's "up".

BUT

It will be somewhat buggy until mid-late January, so some things may not be calculating fully and correctly at the start.  Don't even bother trying to go to your state file section until late January.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

realize that when they become available they will not reflect all the law changes for 2021.  e-filing likely will not open until mid-February. However, that does not mean the IRS/State have finalized all forms. some forms may be later and if your return contains them, you won't be able to e-file until they're finalized.

Hal_Al
Level 15

You will not be able to actually file a tax return until late January.  Entering estimates now, rather than actual accurate data, will not allow you file any sooner and increases the chances of errors being made on your tax return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies