turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is a federal personal information worksheet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies

That’s where you enter information about yourself for the federal return. 

kkt1994

I am done with my return but I keep getting put into this cycle where it asks for my "Information worksheet" and says I need to complete my "federal personal information worksheet". And then asks for TP SSN, Date/Birth etc. I keep entering accurate information but it will not allow me to submit anything and keeps saying it is wrong. Can anyone help me?

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

The Personal Information section is at the beginning of the return.  Make sure that all of the details are accurate in that section of the program.  If they are and you are still getting this diagnostic, what other information can you provide so we can provide you with additional assistance?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
FASCIUTTO

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue: I am done with my return but I keep getting put into this cycle where it asks for my "Information worksheet" and says I need to complete my "federal personal information worksheet". And then asks for TP SSN, Date/Birth etc. I keep entering accurate information but it will not allow me to submit anything and keeps saying it is wrong. Can anyone help me?@DanielV01 @kkt1994 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

@FASCIUTTO   We can't see your return or account in this public forum.  You may want to contact customer support.  However, some fields cannot contain "special characters", including commas and periods.  So double-check all fields, but if you can't see anything obvious, then contact customer support for additional assistance.

This is happening to me because I’m legally separated and filing head of household in wisconsin. It still requires me to put my husbands info on this federal personal info sheet. I can’t find where to do that 

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You need to edit your personal information by using the My Info tab on your left menu bar in TurboTax, then edit the section that mentions your filing status and choose the Married choice and then Filing Separate or Head of household, and you will be asked to enter your spouse's information on the next screen.

Changes to the disaster distributions and repayments were not ready due to Congress.  TurboTax will let us know when we can finish filing.  Hopefully it is soon.

I am trying to file now on TurboTax and in the review section, I am being asked to fill out my Federal personal information worksheet. I fill out every box and then it asks me to do the same thing again it won't let me file my return.  Not sure what to do.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Try refreshing your screen, then try clearing your browser's cache. Then log out and log back into TurboTax. You can also try using a different browser.  

The following help article will show you how to clear your cache and delete your cookies.      

This link will show you how to delete your cookies.  

This link will help you clear your cache.     

How to clear your cache - Community    

I'm using the program, not a browser. Can't file. Everything is filled out under Personal Information.

There are several posts about California having this issue a few years ago. Found a working solution. Switch to Forms mode, find the state worksheet it was complaining about, delete anything you can, switch back to Easy mode, and try to file again. Went through OK for me in Vermont. 

nlshaw17
Returning Member

I was trying to submit my tax returns but it keeps prompting me to fill out my spouses income for 2021 even though we are filing married but separate, does anyone know why this is or if I can submit it without putting in his information?

You are asking a question on a thread which is unrelated to your issue. Please start a new question. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies