Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What does the program want when it asks for my confidential information stored in "Intuit ID . . . ." in my keychain?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

79 Replies

What does the program want when it asks for my confidential information stored in "Intuit ID . . . ." in my keychain?

A "keychain" is a MAC OS situation ... ask apple. 

The keychain is used by the Mac operating system to store passwords and other personal information.  If Turbotax asks for access to your keychain, you would type in the password you use to log into your Mac (that's your Mac keychain password -- it unlocks the keychain which contains all your other passwords and stored information.)

I have the same problem with downloaded Premier 2022 on a Mac. I haven't figured out which password it wants, but the Mac login password does NOT work for me as recommended in another comment. 

Erinha

Same problem here.  The password I use to log on to my Mac doesn't work.

I got an update pushed today and it still does it for me. No fix yet it seems.
79AG
Level 2

Keychain password doesn't work.   Worse yet, the prompt stays on the screen, even after closing TurboTax and I had to restart my MAC to get rid of it.   Turbotax tech support thinks it's because of my Bitdefender, but I doubt it.   In any case, I don't want to give Intuit access to my keychain.   The nice tech support lady couldn't even get on to my desktop because none of their tools would work.   Have used TurboTax for 15 years with no problems like this, guess it's time to move on. POS. 

79AG
Level 2

Update, I followed instruction on this Bitdefender link (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/30618/) to basically disable it's functionality and was at least able to get the Intuit keychain prompt to close.   Still couldn't save the Turbotax file properly, but this told me that Turbotax and Bitdefender don't play well together.   It doesn't appear that TurboTax will work if I don't give it access to my keychain, which I won't do. 

Thanks for your input. I don't have Bitdefender or any aftermarket security apps. Just MacOS that gets updated every time they offer. 

To clarify the problem description, I only get the prompt when I try to use the File menu. It comes up every time, which means I can't access most of the File menu options. I have to press Deny or Allow multiple times to get the dialog to go away and I still can't use the File menu. 

It seems I can use Command+s, +o, .... but I don't know all the options that I might be missing nor do I have confidence that saving/exporting will work correctly when I need it to.

Turbotax please address this issue. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance with the issue you are experiencing with your software.
What is the TurboTax phone number?

@don48135

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@MichelleLO This issue has been brought to the attention of the moderators, who are looking into it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank You, I am having the same problem. Can't access the file menu, pop up asking for keychain password comes up. 

Same problem here too. I also do not have any additional security or other antivirus programs on my Mac. 

Please provide access to file menu.

Thanks

@PDG500  Found this solution from another user and it worked:

1) close TurboTax and restart your computer

2) go back to TT and when you get the dialog box, put in your computer password and select ALWAYS ALLOW

You must select Always Allow. This is definitely a software glitch that will hopefully get fixed, but until then this should solve your problem. 

Thank you It works now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies