turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What does it mean when it says "our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets"?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
CaraLO

What does it mean when it says "our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets"?

This is a known issue that is currently being worked on.  I've included a FAQ that provides additional information, as well as a link within the FAQ where you can click to receive email notifications when updates related to this issue become available:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6630168

Some users are finding a work around by deleting the state return, re-adding and completing the state return and paying the fee for the state return at the checkout step.  Please be sure that you do not confuse paying for your Federal return with paying for your state return fee, as they are separate fees.

rdwt1994

Is this still a known issue for 2020 and if so what does it mean and why cant I efile?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

We have received numerous reports of this experience that appear to be coming from various areas of the program. Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will need to investigate your experience.  Thank you for your participation and patience. 

a. Check AvailabilityPlease confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready? (The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)

b. Remove state and try again

If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below

1. Sign out of TurboTax.

2. Sign back in.

3. E-file the return again.

You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file.

c. Send us your tax fileStill receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)TurboTax Online:  

Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.Click Tools, and thenClick Share my file with Agent.

A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.TurboTax Desktop:Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.Select Send Tax File to Agent.A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent" 

Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.

Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
adev1ne

But when I delete my state return, I'm having to pay to file my state taxes again. I've already paid the $40 for filing, and I'm not going to pay again for this. What do I do? I made it all the way to "our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile" statement, and now you said to delete my state taxes and redo them but it's going to make me repay the $40 that's already come out of my bank account.

adev1ne

My token # is 744401. It took a while to load and so I clicked it for a second time and it also said 744402.

I am having the same problem, hopefully turbo tax will have this resolved shortly.

If you received the message I get the message "not entitled to efile one of more formsets,"

Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will investigate your experience.
Thank you for your participation and patience. 

a. Check Availability
 Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?

(The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)

b. Sign out, Remove state and try again
 If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below

1. Sign out of TurboTax.
  2. Sign back in.
  3. E-file the return again.

You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file

c. Send us your tax file
Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)

TurboTax Online:  
Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
Click Tools, and then
Click Share my file with Agent.
A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

TurboTax Desktop:
Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.
Select Send Tax File to Agent.
A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent
Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.
Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

Provided by GabiU

@Pinkpaws118

Token for you to look at my return  747464. I have been using TurboTax for 10+ years and never had this issue. 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Please see the information posted above by @ReneeM7122 for assistance with this issue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
adev1ne

No, do NOT! You will have to repay for your file if you delete your state taxes and then redo it. This needs to be fixed. It only let me file if I chose the option to get the payment taken out of my deductible and have now paid a total of $120 for something I should have only paid $40.

rpanos

Having same issue.

Token# 750201

I called Turbotax. Evidently the program never asked me to pay for State return so when I got ready to file, it stopped me with this error message because I had not paid for State, but it never prompted me to before, only Federal. So they instructed me to delete State return and when I did it prompted me to pay for State and then it ran through the short process of updating my State again. So $40 for Federal and $40 for State.  Then it efiled appropriately. 

jayson155

Token 759874. please as soon as possible!!!

ticket 792360  I have been filing with TurboTax for years. no sure why I cant file now.I checked the docs four times already. I have paid for the tax filing fee. Something needs to be done so that I can efile the taxes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies