turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jkhone

What can you tell me about form 7202? Is it mandatory? Is turbotax going to automatically include it? Will I file electronically?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

What can you tell me about form 7202? Is it mandatory? Is turbotax going to automatically include it? Will I file electronically?

Form 7202 is a form used to claim credits for sick Leave and family Leave for certain self-employed Individuals.  This is one of the multiple tax provisions under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.

If you are a self employed person including those receive a Form 1099-MISC and if you were not able to work or telework due to reasons related to the coronavirus, you are eligible for this Sick Leave and Family Leave credits.  

To see if you are eligible, click here: Who must file Form 7202

To learn more details about the credits, click here: Self Employed Credits

As of today, you cannot file the form yet because IRS has not allowed for the e file until February 11, 2021.  It is not mandatory but a nice tax break to reduce your taxes if you meet the requirements. TurboTax does not automatically include it for you.  You have to follow the on-screen interview questions to complete the form in the program.   If you do not believe it applies to you, you can simply remove it from the program.  Or you can file without it and come back to amend later. 

Here are the steps:

In TurboTax online, 

1.  Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off

2.  Select Tax Tools, click on the drop down arrow

3.  Select Tools

4.  Under Other helpful links, choose Delete a form

5.  Select Delete next to the form 7202 and Continue with My Return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
franiaamaya
Returning Member

Good Morning - all help will be very appreciate... Can we delete 7202, efile, then amend our returns after we get our refunds and get a 2nd refund for just that amount?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Form 7202 is not available for e-filing, according to our forms availability sheet.

To print and mail your return, please follow these instructions if you're using TurboTax Online and review this article if you're using TurboTax Desktop.

If you wish to e-file without the credit you will need to delete the form.

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

How do I delete a tax form in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies