Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ogk3
Level 2

W-2 in Step-by-step view

After entering employer name and address niether the Back nor Continue buttons work.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

W-2 in Step-by-step view

I ran into something similar today after the latest update to the software was installed.  I was going to enter a W-2 on a test tax return and the screen for entering a EIN for the employer never populated.  So could not even get the screen for entering the employer information.

This is what I did to resolve the problem and it may or may not work for you.

Running Windows 10, version 21H1

Closed TurboTax.

Restarted computer

Right click on the TurboTax icon

Click on Properties

Click on the Compatibility tab

Check the box Run this program as an administrator

Click on Apply and then on OK

Start the TurboTax program

ogk3
Level 2

W-2 in Step-by-step view

Updated Windows to version 21H1, ran TT as administrator but no joy.  Two calls to Intuit support and one and a half hours, scanning and repairing .NET Framework files, uninstalling and re-installing TT, and nothing worked so far.  If no one else has this issue with Step-by-step view, then I will simply use the Form view for W-2s.  I am out of ideas today.

Many thanks to you.  Thank you for taking the time to reply.   

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

W-2 in Step-by-step view

The Continue and Back buttons don't work because there is an error in the employee information, but the employee information is not displayed, so you don't see the error. At the bottom of the page, below the employer name and address, click on "Show employee info." You should see an error indicated for one of the boxes. Correct the error. Then clicking Continue (or Back) should work.

This section of the program is very slow. After you click anything you have to wait a few seconds for it to react.

ogk3
Level 2

W-2 in Step-by-step view

I have been using TT since 1991.  Every year we simply transfer the prior year personal info info into the current year return.  This is the first year that the zip code did not tranfer properly.  One of the rocket scientists never thought abount a leading zero in the zip codes for Eastern states.

You win the prize for the solution to my TT issue!

Thank you so much for solving this issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies