Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

USAA Credit Card Transactions not Updating on mint.com

@ajones0526 There is definitely a similar thread on the USAA community at:

https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Technical-Support/Credit-card-transactions-not-showing-up-in-Mint-bu... 

There is a lot of discussion about USAA and specific people at USAA who have done nothing to help identify or resolve this issue that USAA created back in September 2022.

On it.  Thanks for that.

Is there any way to get USAA credit card transactions to show up?

The only way (currently) to get USAA credit card data into Mint is by manually adding them to Mint and they won't appear under the credit card. They will only show in the transaction list.

huskeypm

Hi everyone,

I share your collective frustration. I'm seeking my own workaround as well and wanted to see what other users might have tried/recommend

1. move usaa accounts to another service like mint (I suspect the scraping issue impacts multiple budgeting sites, so this might be a nonstarter). 

2. discontinue USAA CC/get card with another bank to interface with mint.

Any thoughts or experiences with these solutions?

Thanks,

Pete

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to Mint Support for assistance with the issue you are experiencing.  You can find their contact information below.

How do I contact support?

@huskeypm

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@MichelleLO are you serious?   

Read the thread before post an update. Nothing you have posted will be helpful with this MONTHS OLD discussion. Most people have already contacted Mint and USAA support and got no assistance in resolving this problem.

@MichelleLO Is there a way we could upload our USAA statements into Mint so that we can continue to use this service?

I don't mind the extras step, there has to be a decent workaround here.

Right? I would be fine uploading a spreadsheet, but that is currently not an option. No way I’m going to manually add each individual transaction. 

dhodun

I have been in contact multiple times over the last few weeks. To say reach out and then say "sorry we can't do anything" just state you cannot figure it out and be straight about it. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax will not have information on if there is a known issue currently ongoing with Mint. Reaching out to their support at the link Michelle suggested is the best course on this one. 

They will be able to look into your Mint/USAA transaction issue and create a ticket if needed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other banks/credit cards seemed to have made similar changes that do not allow Mint to update transactions. My American Express card also doesn't update in Mint. USAA offers a budget and spending section under the credit card tab that looks very similar to Mint. If you add your other accounts to USAA, it will show up on your member home page accounts list. All transactions update on the USAA budgets tool, so I have transitioned over to using that since Mint does not seem interested in fixing this problem. The USAA tool is not as detailed as Mint, but serves the purpose better than nothing. 

Thanks Carissa M. 

You probably don't have time to read the entire thread, but a significant number of us have reported/recorded the issue w Mint. In my instance, I provided the "proof" as asked and have received absolutely no communication from Mint since providing it, and it has been months.  And, many have reported the issue to USAA, with responses at least, USAA has been mostly unhelpful, which is disappointing from a company which has provided excellent customer service to me until this issue.

huskeypm

I looked into this at well. It is possible I am missing something simple, but to me it appeared that USAA's budgeting tool was missing information or didn't have the ability to add in other transactions. Namely, we use zelle quite a bit and used transfers between accounts, which didn't seem to show up in its budget transaction lists. 

USAA can’t provide the same level of service it used to.  And I believe this issue will not be solved anytime soon.  They have way bigger problems to solve…take a look at this article. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/17/business/usaa-fine-money-laundering.html 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies