turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Update Direct Deposit with Desktop Software

Hello,

I am almost getting ready to file my return, I just have to wait until the 28th of January. The bank account info I used last year with turbo tax has changed. I have the Turbo tax home business 2020 desktop software and I cant find where I input the direct deposit information. Very little articles discuss this. Is it under the "payment" section when you click file? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes just keep going.  It's at the very end when you go though the File tab.

But don't be in a hurry to file.  Even if Turbo Tax lets you submit your return they will just hold all the returns until the IRS opens filing on Feb 12, 2021.  So there is no hurry.  And a lot of people who file early find out they have to amend later like when they get their actual W2 and 1099 forms.  Or they get more forms than they were expecting.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes just keep going.  It's at the very end when you go though the File tab.

But don't be in a hurry to file.  Even if Turbo Tax lets you submit your return they will just hold all the returns until the IRS opens filing on Feb 12, 2021.  So there is no hurry.  And a lot of people who file early find out they have to amend later like when they get their actual W2 and 1099 forms.  Or they get more forms than they were expecting.  

Seems odd...I want to mail my 1040s but want the refund direct deposit...there is no option to do that separately...it places XXXXXXXX on lines 35 (abcd)  I have always been able to do this. I don't want to file electronically now as I want to hold back and review....Turbo Tax always allowed me to do a mail in, electronic deposit.

I found the answer .....didn't select efile, then asked to print returns, then it asked for direct deposit info...that's not very user friendly....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies