Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

txdude
Returning Member

Unable to log into intuit to import

I am able to import other forms from the same institution successfully. When doing my taxes with the desktop version of the software I am prompted to log into Intuit first. I have two options, log in or create an account. 

Clicking on either option it takes me to a white pop-up with no page. No way to log in or create an account. I have re-installed the software with no luck. I believe this is not isolated to me as I have seen other comments regarding the same issue. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Level 3

Note: I was using the Desktop version.

I was able to download my 1099's.

I did run into a problem when using Firefox. I do believe my POPUP settings were blocking Schwab's web site from completing the log in process.

I decided to switch and make Chrome my default to get it to work.

You might want to check any extensions and Chrome POPUP settings that might be blocking Schwab.

You can also try and make Edge or some other browser as the default browser.

Also make sure your antivirus and firewall is not blocking the process. Temporarily turn them off might work. Just make sure you enable them when finished.

Not sure which Financial Institution you are trying to download your info from but also see

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/investments-and-rental-properties/discussion/download-info-from-sc...

txdude
Returning Member

I do not have a problem with the downloading of data (W2, 1099, etc). The issue is that when I go to the 1099-B download it prompts me to log into Intuit and that pop-up is not returning anything. This is before it is downloaded from my bank. 

Screen Shot 

It still might be a browser issue.

If you have your POPUP settings to block all then temporarily have allow to all POPUPs.

Did you try other browsers?

txdude
Returning Member

I am using the desktop version of Turbo Tax. Not a web version. I cannot change browsers. 

I did change the popup settings in all installed browsers just in case. It did not help. 

You said, "I cannot change browsers.". You can always change your browser default settings. Normally you would go to Setting - General (Firefox) - Chrome (Default browser) etc.

If you still can not get it to work then you need to contact Support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/contact

or through their Social Media accounts (Facebook or Twitter)

txdude
Returning Member

What I was referring to is that I am running the standalone desktop version of Turbo Tax. I am not doing anything through a browser. 

I will contact support. 

OK.

FYI

I just went through the process of downloading my 1099's again in a new file and I was using Firefox. I got as far as the browser screen where it has a link that says "Get My Forms". After clicking that link Firefox would not open the brokerage accounts log in screen that sends a authorization code to my phone so that I can approve the download from brokerage account.

Once I made Chrome my default browser everything worked. I do believe whether its the brokerage account log in or Intuits log in it stems or is associated with the browser.

txdude
Returning Member

Thanks. I did make Chrome my default with no change. 

I found that I can replicate the issue:

1. Install a clean copy of Turbo Tax
  2. Go to File -> Login
  3. You will get a pop-up in Turbo Tax asking to log in or create an account. Select either option
  4. A white screen appears. (See screen shot from previous post)

One interesting thing I found is that nothing is being blocked (from Fiddler traffic review). But more interesting is that if I do a control-a, copy, and then paste to notepad I can see that information is being returned but just cannot be seen. I am guessing they have a CSS issue. I tried messing around with theme settings to see if I can get it to appear.  

Sorry I couldn't been more helpful.

Maybe support can give you more insight on to correct this problem.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You may need to contact customer service directly for assistance. Please see the following information here for more details.

@txdude 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies