Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

storina

Turbotax screen "let's complete your purchase online, select Continue and we will connect to our secure online store to ......" Problem, "CONTINUE" does not work

The advise worked, Also had same issue/resolution getting started with turbotax 2020 initially to enter the license code required.

Turbotax screen "let's complete your purchase online, select Continue and we will connect to our secure online store to ......" Problem, "CONTINUE" does not work

I, too, only had success after changing the display settings to something well below those of my laptops regular settings. Fortunately, i didn't have to go all the way down to 800 x 600 because at that setting, all of the necessary buttons don't appear.

Thanks for allowing me to benefit from your many hours with tech support.

This also worked for me .  I tried just resetting the resolution without closing TT, but that didn't work.  The secret is to 1) close TT, 2) change the resolution to the default value (100%), 3) reopen TT.  This is really annoying and a bug that Intuit should fix.

Changing resolution worked for me as well. I do remember that during installation I had to do this as well.

AKYINZER

Had the same problem.  Found that it worked when I changed my screen resolution to like 800 x 600 then the payment linked worked.  Everything was partially chopped in the payment window but I figured out what to enter.  Also, display resolution had to be changed to 800 x 600 when I needed to enter the license code when I first installed.  TT must test their software on old Gateway machines that need the antiquated 5" floppy to boot up the machine

AliceWona

Advice to change my screen resolution worked for me following a recent computer purchase. Thank you all! No need to use admin role, but did have to close/re-open TT under reduced resolution screen setting. Interesting that others commented about the activation key screen as I never saw that and didn't understand why. Agree with the sentiment in this string that Intuit must fix this bug. Super frustrating and a waste of MANY hours trying to understand the issue, including a call to support only to be disconnected. Bad, bad, bad!

I tried various solutions, including running as Administrator, disabling antivirus and firewall protection, plus I changed my screen resolution. Nothing helped.

Then (by accident, almost) I ran the program with "Windows 8 Compatibility," and it worked fine for me, even though I have Windows 10. I was able to complete my purchase and file my state tax return with no problems. 

awhays

Run as Administrator did not work for me.  What did work was reducing my screen resolution in Windows display setup.  Hope it works for you,

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

For some reason that has been the solution that has worked for many.  Glad it worked for you @awhays.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
BD81

Thanks for posting this solution.   Very frustrating that TT did not correct this program with the many software updates it provides.  Definitely shopping for another Tax application.

awhays

What's frustrating is that the resolution change should have been the second thing the agent told me to check after Run as Administrator.  Instead, I was told to call Amazon.  The second agent jumped through some hoops and tried to hook me up but by that time my non-technical artist daughter had made the suggestion to try a lower screen resolution.

Seriously. TurboTax your 2020 version has been terrible.  I've been using > 20 years and have *never* had issues until this version. Do better, TurboTax!

Same here! Took me by total surprise!

doph
Level 2

Same problem. Unbelievable that this has not been fixed. I rarely (never) call for people to be fired, but someone should be fired here. How could Intuit release software that just doesn't work? Some sort of bizarre hack to change screen resolution to 800x600, which is not a resolution that anyone has used since the 1800s.

Also, changing the screen resolution isn't working for me. Next year I am definitely looking for some other tax software. Forget this. Complete pain to use at the beginning (could not activate) and then at the end (can't pay).

doph
Level 2

I had to do the following:

1. Switch resolution

2. Enter data, tab through as much as possible doing this. The screen would not show the data.

3. Switch resolution. Then the screen would show data entered previously.

4. Enter data, tab through as much as possible doing this. The screen would not show the data.

5. Switch resolution. Then the screen would show data entered previously.

...and so on, until all data was entered across the wizard of screens.

As the icing on the cake, this terrible software popped up the modal payment dialog so that the top-left 1/6 of the dialog was off the screen with no way to move it, so I had to guess I typed correctly or selected the correct values in a drop down.

I've purchased Turbo Tax for the past forever years. This was my last. Other tax software has the ability to import Turbo Tax files. I'm getting some other tax software next year that isn't Turbo Tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies