Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

arieltx13

TurboTax saying a W-2c is on the way?

In my case my SS payment ended in .36 and if I put .37 voilá no w2c warning! so yeah I think its definitely a bug in the system, problem is I won't modify that to .37 because that's not what my W2 says. I waited almost 5 days for this bug to be fixed and is still showing up and at this point I'll be filing notwithstanding the warning. But it upsets my OCD.

Looking forward to the bug fix on 2/25, I thought I had messed this up and have been crunching the numbers for the past hour.

hi SteamTrain

A clarification is needed on your response

Is the w-2c expected if the box4 amount is 8537.4 or only if box4 is less than 6.2% of box 3? 

would our payroll dept know when and if the w-2c would be rxvd and by when?

thanks

I'm getting this too and it's complete bullsh**!  My ss tax withheld is exactly 6.2% of my ss earnings.  My taxes were done and ready to go according to TT last week, and I did not get that message.  I held off filing because TT is also not calculating my mortgage interest deduction correctly and the employee experts in chat are recommending stupid things like combining numbers from all my 1098 forms.  I pay TT so I don't have to do that, and I use the online version so I have no access to my forms.  Again, complete bush&&.

So I got on chat and asked why they suck so bad this year.  They're also sending me emails saying I can have $30 off but when I follow the link-NOTHING.  I asked the chat person how 'bout you give me free audit defense, cause y'all are screwing up my taxes.  She said she can't authorize that but gave me this number to call [phone number removed] customer service.  ugh

on the one hand that is reassuring, on the other hand why would I trust a software that can't even do this calculation?

no it isn't resolved.  my ss withholdings today, 2/23 are exactly 6.2% of my ss earnings, and I'm still getting this popup.  Tell your higher ups the software sucks this year.  I cannot trust it.

blane1010

If you type "W-2c Bug" into the help menu it pops up as the first item.

Why am I seeing "Heads up! You have a W-2c coming" while reviewing my return?

Some TurboTax customers are seeing the following warning message while reviewing their tax return: “Heads up! You have a W-2c coming.”

If you believe you received this message in error, you can continue to file your tax return.

We expect this issue to be resolved by 2/26/2021. If you’d like to receive progress status updates, please sign up here.

cat17

I am getting same msg, that W2-C is on the way.  Box 4 ss tax is calculated correctly as stated above.  

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Some TurboTax customers are seeing the following warning message while reviewing their tax return: “Heads up! You have a W-2c coming.”

If you believe you received this message in error, you can continue to file your tax return.

We expect this issue to be resolved by 2/26/2021. If you’d like to receive progress status updates, please sign up here.

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

You may delete and re-enter your W2(s) to see if the message clears.  If the message persists, you may ignore it.  It has no impact on your tax returns.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sanjay k

Last week, this message did not appear when TurboTax ran the final reviews.  Nothing changed while I  was waiting for one other form to finalize the return.  This week, it's saying I have a W-2C?  Every year, Turbo  Tax seems to have an increasing number of bugs.  I'm going to try and delete and re-import the W2. Will see if that helps.

TDQ1

I'm suddenly getting the same error and was not before as well- no info changed in my data but after last TT update, the error pops up.   Math checks out on my end, I'm thinking bug in turbo tax as well.

SteveN45

I got this same warning.  I think that it is BS.  I auto-imported all W-2 information with Turbotax, and my total SS tax was at the 2020 maximum of $8537.40.  So how could I have deferred payment if I already paid the maximum amount?  I'll see if I get a W-2c, but I suspect not.

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

You are correct some customers are seeing this unjustified message.  You may delete and re-enter the W2 information, which may stop the message from regenerating. 

If the message persists, you may just ignore it. The message is informational and has no affect your tax return.    

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DAP6

I got the same message and did not defer any social security. I think it may be a bug

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies