Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Premier bugs - Rental property (2020)

TurboTax Premier online 2020 has some serious bugs in the user interface regarding Rental Property.  For example, I enter mortgage interest, but when I return to the summary screen, it says mortgage interest has not yet been started.  Also, TurboTax calculates my vehicle deduction as $927, but it shows as only $7 on the summary screen. 

I am losing confidence in TurboTax.  They should not field software that doesn't work right.  I am seriously considering moving all my business to TaxAct or some other system.  I have been a loyal TurboTax customer since 2005, but I need my taxes done right, and if these bugs don't get fixed soon, TurboTax will likely lose my business forever. 😠

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I am having the same issues with the calculations not working. Please fix this!!

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

You may need to delete it and reenter your information. You can follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ on how to delete a form. You may also have to log out of the program, clear your cache and cookies, and log back in. Please see the TurboTax FAQ here for instructions on clearing your cache. See here for instructions on clearing your cookies. You may also try using another browser or using the phone app here if the above does not work. If none of these resolve the issue, contact customer support here for further assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SusanN2

The problem continues for 2021 taxes.  For short term rental property that also has some personal use, the Review function demands that you enter zero personal days because the software incorrectly deems the property owner-occupied.  I did not have this issue the previous 5 years.  Goodbye Turbotax.  I have been a happy user for 10 years, but no more.  I spent 4+ hours on the phone with agents who admit its a software problem but can't fix it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies