turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax Error Code: 25300

Try running the Installer in Administrator mode.  This is what solved the issue for me.

I solved my problem by running the Installer.exe program in Administrator mode. Thereafter, all works well.

If you run TT Installer.exe in Administrator mode there is a good chance that all will be well thereafter.

Try running the TT Installer.exe program in Administrator mode. This fixed the problem for me.

Me too.

I fixed the problem by right clicking on the TT installation file. Then install as administrator.

Then the installation worked.

The problem appears to be resolved as of noon EST on 16 January, at least as far as the 2018 version of TT is concerned. I suggest you restart your computer to clear any hidden error coded Intuit has hidden, and try whatever you were trying before. The most recent update (and there was one within the last 18 hours) has repaired whatever was causing the Error code for me.

Ed
Returning Member

I was having the same problems as people have described on this thread, and all of them were fixed by disabling my antivirus software just before starting the TurboTax Updater.  Apparently, the Bitdefender Firewall was blocking TT from accessing the internet, and that may have messed up my installation (Windows download) even before the failed updates totally "broke" the program. I only needed to have it disabled for 2-3 minutes because I started TT first (which took forever to launch as it was running incredibly slow), cancelled the Auto Updater and waited another long time for the program to relaunch. I closed  my browser and all open programs, disabled Bitdefender, then selected Check for Updates. Remarkably, it was already running 10x faster at this point. The update only took a short time, and installed "Critical" Program and Tax Form updates released on 1/13/20.

I immediately enabled my antivirus protection and opened the tax return I had started earlier before everything stopped working. Before the update, it took well over a minute just to open the return Now it opened up quickly, all the forms I had created were back in place, and everything was working again. That's it. I didn't have to reboot or do anything else.  Had I seen this thread earlier, I probably would have tried running the Updater in Admin mode first because that sounds less risky, but I read about the potential antivirus issue somewhere else, so that's what I did.  It's possible that running as Admin may have also solved the problem, but I can't say. One last thing, I went back and added the turbotax 2019 installer.exe file to the exclusions folder in Bitdefender so that it knows it's a safe application. Maybe the TT program update already fixed this, but just in case. 

running as administrator does not solve the problem for me. 

I really am just about fed up with TTax--something I've been using for 20 years. 

Too many glitches; too many needs to reboot, reset, run as administrator, etc etc.  

never before.  What's going on???

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please contact customer support by following the instructions below:

1. Go here to go to our Contact us page.
  2. Select your product (CD/Download Mac or CD/Download Windows), your edition (Basic, Deluxe, etc.), ask your question, then select Continue.
  3. Enter your contact info, then select Get the phone number.

The above is the best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person so that you can get the help you need. If you still require assistance, you can contact us at (800) 446-8848.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am having the same problem and unable to get help.  Did you ever get yours running?

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Please use the following link to contact Customer Support for further assistance.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MELN

I have been having the same issues with updates and state downloads. I have spent at least three hours with three different technicians from Turbotax. I have removed and reinstalled the Federal program several times. On one occasion I also only had access to the single obsolete 2018 AMT form, but after removing the program and reinstalling it again, my data came back. I received the Federal CD around Thanksgiving time and I have been seeking help from Inuit for these problems since early December. One Technician said that they were having issues with Microsoft Edge. We cleaned all of the cookies and made sure Chrome was up to date. Even though I have an incident ID with Intuit no one has contacted me without my calling them first. I too have been using Turbotax for many years, but I am very disappointed with their response to these issues.

gill2

How do I fix error 25300.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the error - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-25300/01/25731

If you are unable to resolve the problem using the information from the support FAQ then contact TurboTax support for assistance.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies