Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax Deluxe under MacOS BigSur on MacBook Air (Apple M1 chip). TurboTax app doesn't open/run at all when double clicking on the app icon. Anyone with same problem?

Rosetta.   There is only one Mac version for OSX 10.14 and higher.  I do not foresee there ever to be a separate M1 version until Apple drops support for non M1 in it's developer tool kit. 

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

TurboTax Deluxe under MacOS BigSur on MacBook Air (Apple M1 chip). TurboTax app doesn't open/run at all when double clicking on the app icon. Anyone with same problem?

Thank you so much for listing the Cache files to remove.  I traded in my other computer with TurboTax and contacted Intuit for another license and what a nightmare.  Worst Customer Service Ever 👿👿👿

Operational now on my M1 MacBook Pro.

Thank you again

Mike

jpineau

I have the same problem with M1 chip with 2020 and now 2021.  need help

I followed the directions below 

Also if present remove: ~Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax

~/Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax

~/Library/Caches/io.fabric.sdk.mac.data/com.intuit.turbotax.20XX

and restarted the computer and then Turbo Tax and it worked.

Break, Break, Here is the total post that was helpful for me.

Intuit Alumni
‎February 26, 2021 3:15 PM

Thank you for your feedback. For MacOS BigSur, I suggest: restarting the Mac and uninstall and reinstall TurboTax

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled. If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.
"Level 15 macuser_22"

After removing theses files, you should be able to re-install and the application operates as expected.

"TaxesAreTaxing Level 2"

Hatetax529
Returning Member

I purchased a new MACAIR M1 computer because last year Turbotax said my old MAC would not work for 2021.  I purchased Turbotax 2021, loaded to my MACAIR M1 but the program won't work.  Any ideas.   I tried all the suggestions posted that I can find with no luck.  I love Turbotax but not willing to buy a windows computer would rather switch to HRBlock software.  

jpineau

Issue seems to be the M1 security and Big Sur 11.6.2

I used Big Sur 11.6.1 and my M1 MacPro worked fine.  I updated to 11.6.2 and trouble developed as reported by others.  Bought this up to Turbo Tax CS two times and spent a total of about 4 hours with them.  Turbo Tax had no clue.   Spoke with Apple and they advised it was a Turbotax software issue.   

I reverted back to my MacPro with intel chip and it works fine.

Turbotax should solve the software issue with M1 chip and Big Sur 11.6.2.

Q.   Does anyone know if Turbo Tax work with OS Monterey?

Hatetax529
Returning Member

I have a MACAIR M1 with Monterey and Turbotax doesn't work.  I also spent time on the phone with both Turbotax and Apple.  Turbotax said its not the software it's the hardware.  Apple said there is nothing wrong with the hardware but software is not compatible with Apple BigSur and Monterery.

Try this - It worked for me on removing library files. 

Intuit Alumni

Thank you for your feedback. For MacOS BigSur, I suggest: restarting the Mac and uninstall and reinstall TurboTax

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled. If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.
"Level 15 macuser_22"

After removing theses files, you should be able to re-install and the application operates as expected.

"TaxesAreTaxing Level 2"

Just totally ridiculous we have to mess around in the library to get these applications working. Intuit should get their stuff together and release a native Silicon version. I went through this big time last tax season. I found a bug in the online version. TurboTax's solution was to use the desktop version. Didn't work on my new MacBook Air (M1). Had to find/borrow an older non-silicon MacBook to get my taxes done. Just ridiculous. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, like others, I had bought a new MacBook because TurboTax stopped supporting my older one due to the age of the OS.

Benn a customer for approx 30 years.

I had the same problem in 2020 with my premier version.  Couldn't put it on my new 2020 MacBook air or my 2015 MacBook air.   Turbo tax sent me a download version that we could not get on the 2021 MacBook Air but it worked on the 2015 one.

I bought a new disk from Amazon for 2021 and it download to my new MacBook Air but it would not open.  Turbo Tax had no luck.  I am going to try the download now.

My patience is getting thin. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you still experiencing the issue with downloading TurboTax for Mac?

@Retired Bill

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Michelle got the software working on my old mac but was not able to get it working on my new mac so I will use it on my old mac.  

This is the 2nd year in a row this happened.

Hi - I successfully installed 2021 Turbo Tax on M1 and Intel Macs.

Here is what I posted earlier to resolve. Recommend you try if you can.

Try this - It worked for me on removing library files. 

Intuit Alumni

"Level 15 macuser_22"

"TaxesAreTaxing Level 2"

Hatetax529
Returning Member

Thanks for the info.  I saw that someone else posted the same thing.  After figuring out how to find the library files I did as directed and Turbo tax worked.  Thanks for all the responses

2Taber

This is happening again on MacBook Air macOS Big Sur 11.6.3 in January 2022! Someone please fix.

Have tried all fixes that are listed from last year. It was working fine up until I sent an error message to Intuit. Now it does not open. What a waste of time dealing with this problem. Again TurboTax Please fix this.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies