Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Deluxe 2020 will not install via my download. It says "Extracting Files" and that's it. Nothing else happens.

This is on a Windows 10 laptop.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

TurboTax Deluxe 2020 will not install via my download. It says "Extracting Files" and that's it. Nothing else happens.

Why can't I get a clear answer into why my turbotax 2020 download will not install?  I have read and done everything suggested.  Still nothing.  VERY disappointed in TurboTax support... nor lack of it.

These types of  issues are usually specific to individual installations so answers from the community may be limited.

Contact TurboTax support for this problem

Support is open from 5am to 5pm Pacific time, Monday thru Friday

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

mrsatkins

I can't either. Is there a fix yet? Support sucks...as in, I still can't install...

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@mrsatkins Please contact customer support here for further assistance so that we can take a look at what is going on to better assist you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have same issue with 2021 turbotax (nothing happens after "Extracting Files").  Windows 10 too, but it worked for 2020 turbotax.  

EDIT: I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

As suggested on a similar thread, I created a new temp file at c:\TEMP and then made the environment changes suggested on the other thread.  My son who downloads various program languages for coding, etc. said lately that exe files have not been running lately.  He is trying to code a LIDAR at the moment.  He has been downloading various java versions to work with the lidar code library.  Regardless, for some reason, the previous temp file was turned off because he wanted to not run a certain java version.  Anyway, the fix above worked.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies