Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax Business 2023 transmissions are not available.

After speaking directly to GA DOR TT is not currently approved for corp efile their words not mine. I am filing as an s-corp and it has to be filed or I get a penalty for paper filing. Looking more and more like a class action in the making 

This is a good information. Turbotax has been blaming Georgia DoR for the issue while they are responsible for the mess. They hid it from the purchasers of their software and kept selling it. Utterly incompetent and misleading. 

What if any are other e-file options at this point. Secondly, what is the penalty for paper filing in GA?

Intuit has concentrated their efforts on their professional software as can be found on the Georgia Department of Revenue's approved vendors web page. I'm sure they make more money from the professional software.

2023 Corporate Approved Software Providers 

2023 Partnership Approved Software Providers 

ICL
Level 2

I bought the software a few months ago but I am assuming TT would give me a full refund because at the end of the day the software did not deliver on its service promised to be able to e file my federal and state returns.  Hoping that I will receive a link or instructions to get this done without having to jump over hoops!  The situation is clear and out of our control.

I have also just got off of the phone with the Georgia Department of Revenue regarding the e-file issue for S-Corps.    They have stated that TurboTax is currently NOT allowed for e-file with GA DOR at this time, this has changed recently as they previously were (no date of when or why).  It sounds like the issue is on TurboTax at this point from what they communicated.  

As far as filing options, for the State of Georgia, if you have tax credits you MUST e-file your 600S return, but if you do not you can submit your paper return via regular mail postmarked by 3/15 to avoid penalty - be sure to pay your Net Worth Tax Due by 3/15 - can make payment via https://gtc.dor.ga.gov/_/)

For those unfortunate enough to have tax credits, your only options at this point are to:

1.  Pray that TurboTax gets this issue resolved by 3/15 filing deadline (currently says 3/15, but how many times has this changed at this point). https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_ga_windows_scorp.h...

2.  File for an extension and wait for TurboTax to resolve at some point

3.  Use another approved e-file provider

To assist Georgia in seeing the issue and volume of people experiencing this, you can send an email with a screenshot of the error message you are receiving to [email address removed]

Good luck to everyone.  I will definitely be requesting a refund from TurboTax!

I was just able to e-file my Georgia s-corp tax return.

Still says pending under turbo tax 600s 

Miracle of miracles, I was just able to submit my Georgia S-Corp return as well!  Guess I just needed to waste my time for it to finally get fixed!

Christmas arrived 2 days early! Was able to efile my GA 600s Return. Finally.

I was finally able to file the GA 600S with a tax credit form attached. 

Thanks to all in this community who, like me, contacted Intuit and made them aware of the issue.  There is strength in numbers.

Our Georgia S Corporation return just e-filed a few minutes ago (3/13/24 at 1:30 pm EDT).  Apparently it is fixed.  Better late than never!  

Georgia Form 700 (Partnership Tax Return) transmissions are still not available

JillPaul

Following this thread as I am having the same issue e-filing a fiduciary return for the state of Wisconsin. Can a TurboTax support member provide an update?? TT is saying the return must be e-filed and doesn’t give an option for printing and mailing??

This situation is profoundly disappointing and unacceptable. It's utterly disheartening to witness the continuous disruption caused by the unresolved error in the Georgia e-file system. While efforts are made to rectify this issue for S-Corp's, it's unconscionable that those utilizing the LLC structure are left stranded, unable to e-file and jeopardizing their ability to meet the impending 3.15.24 deadline.

Moreover, the recurrence of the same error for Partnership LLC transmissions compounds our frustration. To encounter the message "Tax Year 2023 transmissions are not available" from TurboTax Business is not just an inconvenience; it's a severe impediment to the timely completion of essential tax filings. The inclusion of "E-file: unsupported" for the 8453-PE only adds insult to injury, leaving us without a clear path to resolution.

It is not enough to address the issue solely for S Corporations. The logic dictates that if efforts are undertaken to rectify the problem for one business entity type, then an equal level of urgency and commitment must be extended to resolve it for all. The prolonged duration, the undue stress, and the exhaustive efforts expended in navigating through this quagmire have undeniably reached an intolerable level.

We demand more than mere promises and half-hearted attempts at resolution. We demand action. The time for excuses has long passed. The time for a definitive solution is now. Anything short of that is an affront to the trust we've placed in this system and a dereliction of duty on the part of those responsible.

Overall, the current state of affairs is nothing short of a disgrace. It's imperative that those in charge recognize the gravity of this situation and act with the urgency and diligence it demands. Anything less is simply unacceptable.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies