Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax Business 2023 transmissions are not available.

TT Business 2023 does not support Form 8453-FE.   TT requires this signature form, and will not process an e-file without this form being attached, but then does not support the form.  As of Friday 3/1 there is no promise that this will be fixed.  FALSE ADVERTISING on the product.

Note also that the same form 8453-FE WAS supported for the 2022 Business year.   

I believe you are referring to the form 8453-PE.  

This was my first time using TT Business.  For this year, on my partnership return, I asked why I could not find my signed copy of the Form 8453-PE.  Someone responded correctly that after the signed copy of Form 8453-PE is uploaded into TT Business to provide a signed document to TT, not the IRS.  TT will acknowledge that the signed form is now attached and accepted.  The signed 8453-PE does, in fact, get attached to your return BUT the list of forms, preview, etc. will NOT show the signed form; the signed form should be saved somewhere on your computer where you saved it to upload to TT.

I permitted access to a TT Agent so she could see what I had an issue on.  She looked at the form and confirmed that, in her experience, once the form is attached and accepted by TT, the signed form is not shown on either the preview or the saved pdf. 

I e-filed my partnership and received an email a few minutes later that the transmission was successful.  The email stated it will take 1 or 2 days for the government to process and accept your returns (longer for some states). I received an email 32 minutes later that my 2023 Federal Partnership filing was accepted by the IRS. 

I recommended to the TT Agent that TT needs to add a note that, once the form is accepted by TT, the signed form will not be shown on either the preview or the saved pdf. It would certainly save a lot of wasted time for people looking for the signed form 8453-PE in TT Business.

Patrick89

It appears the signature page isn't supported for e-filing

Form 8453-FE (E), US Estate/Trust Income Tax Decl. & Sig. Fiscal non supported.

Any idea when it might be supported?

See my above response for the 8453-PE, which is the E-file Declaration for Form 1065, Partnerships.  It was confusing because many people incorrectly believe the signed form that you attached can be seen in your Federal return. The signed 8453-PE does, in fact, get attached to your return BUT the list of forms, preview, etc. will NOT show the signed form; the signed form should be saved somewhere on your computer where you saved it to upload to TT.

I would hope that it is the same process in Estates for attaching a signed 8453-FE.  I will be submitting an estate tax return for the year ending July 31, 2024 in August - September timeframe.

@gssulte7 wrote:

I would hope that it is the same process in Estates for attaching a signed 8453-FE. 

It is the same process.

Hope TT is seeing these complaints and adds a note  in TT Business that, once the form 8453s are accepted by TT, the signed form will not be shown on either the preview or the saved pdf. It would certainly save a lot of wasted time for people looking for the signed form 8453 in their TT Business tax returns.

No I was NOT referring to Form 8453-PE.

TT Business can be used to file for a Partnership on Form 1065, , and the signature form for that is 8453-PE (P as in partnership).  This worked for me for 2023; state was WI.

TT Bus can also be used to file for a trust, or estate, or a fiduciary, on Form 1041, and the signature for that is on 8453-FE  (F  as in Fiduciary).  This does NOT WORK.

I agree, the same process. 

But there is no commitment by TT/Intuit to fix the problem.   I keep posting that message and nobody so far has proven that wrong. 

This is my experience as well - was able to file a partnership return, but not the trust.  Talked to someone at TurboTax support yesterday - he said the form was not yet approved by the IRS but expected it to be resolved in a few days.  

I was informed that the issue will be resolved by the 8th so I will hold til then

Check back on the 8th

I suggest that blaming this on the IRS is clever but not accurate.  TT had the 8453-FE form active for Business 2022.  8453-PE is active for 2023.

TT Support indicates this is a programming error, or omission.  IRS doesn't do the programming.

Software updates are run at about 2:00 am Friday morning. That's the 8th.. We are hopeful.

Me too, same forms, same error message, as of today, 3/5/2024.  If anyone finds a solution or date this should be fixed, please let me know.  I intentionally wait until March to avoid all these issues and yet here they are.  

It's now March 5 and I am getting the same message.  Seems like filing now should be possible.  What's the deal TurboTax?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies