Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax Business 2023 transmissions are not available.

Wait a few days and try again...sometimes those ridiculous "Ready" icons ......commonly, all season long so far...show up a day or three before they actually are ready.

Probably, different departments in charge of each, so Left-hand doesn't coordinate properly with Rt-hand.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thank you and I will attempt again on Friday.

Bub-ba
Returning Member

I'm having the same problem with Massachusetts.

Every form in my state return is listed as available for efile, yet I get the "Tax Year 2023 transmissions are not available" error.

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_ma_windows_fiducia...

One theory is that the posting of "available" states and forms is ahead of the actual working implementation of the forms.

Updates are done by TurboTax on Thursday eve /  early Friday morning about 2 am. .

I was told to try again on Friday -- after the software updates are done. 

This TurboTax problem WAS NOT SOLVED by the software update of last evening!

Still can not e -file.

@Triman 

Fo WI, the only thing I could recommend is that you go thru the entire WI interview again, to make sure something new wasn't added....then run the WI review & error check first before attempting to e-file.

Not sure about the Business software, but in the regular "Personal" Consumer versions, if you e-filed the Federal part separately before this...then you need to wait for the Fed "acceptance" before you can e-file WI.   But if you haven't e-filed Federal yet, you are supposed to be able to e-file both at the same time.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Update 2/23/24 8:00am EST. Still unable to e-file business 2023 - Federal 1120S and Georgia 600S. 

Update 8:12 AM : NOW the GA 600S has a ready to e-file date of 3/1/24.

Georgia S-Corporations Forms Availability (intuit.com)

Intuit is cutting it close as deadline is 3/15/24.

I have the same problem and have been trying to efile everyday for over a week now, rebooting my computer and updating TT Biz 2023 each time.  As of today, 2/24/24, same thing. TT....can you please fix this ASAP?

messageCapture.JPG.  

@systemhappy2 

Might depend on what state you are filing...as noted above GA forms won't be ready for e-filing until the end of next week.

Oteh States will have different dates.

I am getting the exact same error , TT Biz 2023 transmissions are not available...." and have tried everyday for the last week.  Rebooted computer, updated TT 2023 and still nothing as of today, 2/24/24.....TT, can you please give us an update?

Am filing in Georgia

@systemhappy2 

As already noted in several posts:

GA not ready for e-file until Next Friday...1 March 

(though it might be late in the day so check on 2 March)

pedz
Level 3

I created a thread on this forum yesterday.  I am on a Mac using Parallels running Windows 11 using TurboTax Business.  This set up has worked for previous years.

I'm trying to E-File for an S corp.  I'm in Texas.  Usually I don't do the Texas state tax in TurboTax but this year I did... or, at least, I started it but I never finished it for various reasons -- one is that it keeps asking me for numbers like "Webfile" number that I don't have.  I have my Federal Tax Id and my state tax id but that's all the ids I know about.

In any case, when I click on the final button to e-file my federal return it spins for a while and returns with Error 2.  The message (from memory) is that the communications failed.  The last time I tried was yesterday.

TurboTax Business 2023 has a few issues, not just one.  Here's the status as I see it:

For Form 1065 (Partnership) there is a Form 8453-PE  (note the PE) for e-file signature, and that form worked for me, and I also had the WI state form included.   That combination successfully e-filed on 2/16/24.  

TT Bus also creates Form 1041 (Fiduciary, estate, trust), and the required signature Form 8453-FE  (note the FE) is not available and up to last Friday was not even planned to be ready.  The Support team has a request in to the programmers to fix this -- there is no for-sure promise to fix this that I have heard; I expect to hear a status update on this later this week.

So, e-file transmissions are not available for:

Form 8453-FE  (but standby for news) 

GA state (anticipated ready 3/1 per this forum) and maybe some other  states that I'm not aware of.  

Those 2 links covered GA but did not cover the whole subject matter.  Look at Form 8453-FE.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies