Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax 2023 font size is HUGE

How do I change the font size for turbotax 2023 (everything has a scroll right bar).

Mac ventura edition.

This is truly truly truly awful.   Anyone else seeing this?  Is it finally time to switch to HR Block?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

Since I do not use a Mac but a Windows PC, not sure if the same is on your TurboTax 2023 desktop program screen but there should be something similar in the Mac program

At the bottom right of the screen there are two symbols, one indicating a Large A and one indicating a Small A.  Clicking either will increase or decrease the font size on the screen.

Sadly no such luck.   There isn't a menu item anywhere obvious (File/Edit/View/.... where it would normally be on the mac), either.

Another thing.  When entering 'sales', from the 1099-B (manually) the screen titled: 

"Now, enter one sale on your ... 1099-B"  (obviously I haven't received a 1099 yet, but I'm spitballing based on sales data) the left side of the screen is almost always missing and I have to resize the screen to see it.   Then, when finished and I click 'continue' to get back to the summary screen it is also truncated.

Feels like the product was not even close to ready to being launched.  Or they forgot to test it.  Or something else.  Its sad, I've used Turbotax for > 20years... likely my last time.

This is the first post for this type of problem I have seen for someone using the TurboTax Mac software since the software was released in November.  So I do not think this is systemic on a Mac.

You will have to contact TurboTax support for assistance with this problem. 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/turbotax-phone-number...

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

I found this with a search, do not know if it will help but here it is -

You can't access the View menu until you open a tax return. Click the "View" button near the top of the program. Select "Zoom" and choose "Zoom In" to increase the font size. Alternatively, press "Ctrl" and "+."Select "Zoom Out" from the Zoom menu or press "Ctrl" and "-" to decrease the font size.

Thanks for that link; I went round and round the intuit click hell for about 20 minutes before I even figured out how to make this post (the "Post'" button should be everywhere).

I don't facebook nor do I twit, so hopefully they have other ways of connecting to their user base.  I will try the link.

Thanks for your help; appreciate it.

Yeah, there is a 'zoom' menu item (and handy short-cut shift-apple-M), but it 'just' widens the window a bit and nothing else changes. 

Its useful for forcing the program to fit the text into the window for when it doesn't render well.

('just', btw is a four-letter word along with 'only' and other more common four letter words).   As in manager says to employee "Its only software, can't you just add this one small feature?"

Regards

Calum

@Opus 17 @VolvoGirl If memory serves you are somewhat familiar with the TurboTax software for a Mac.  Do you know how to increase or decrease the font size similar to what is available on the TurboTax software for Windows?

HVL

On my MacBook Pro the font is unacceptably small. Very hard for someone with dry eye and vision difficulty to do their taxes. The instruction they give to find the buttons at the bottom to click to change font size DO NOT EXIST!  Young TurboTax programers with no life experience and the managers who approve of this should be ashamed of themselves. Wait until you are old some day.

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

I don't use a Mac but I did find this link that may be useful. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, I find the same thing to be the case. The only solution I've found is simply to decrease the screen resolution on the MacBook display, which is a workaround that kinda sucks. 

So let me get this straight... you want me to change the resolution in every other program instead of actually providing a 'font' option in turbotax???  

This may work for the poster who had a problem with the font being too small... but since my screen resolution is already at the maximum and I want to reduce the font sizes of the ONLY PROGRAM I USE THAT DOESN"T HAVE A FONT ADJUSTMENT... that won't (rude word deleted) work.

BTW, if you weren't an "Employee tax expert"... I would have been much kinder.  In future here are some better answers:

1) For some reason, the mac software doesn't have a font adjustment.  I will suggest that as an improvement to our development team.  Thanks for getting in touch!

2) You can change the font on turbotax by making this setting change in the application...

3) Perhaps next year you should switch to a better software program, perhaps one from another company?

Anything else is, well, unhelpful.

This is a historical problem ever since TurboTax started. It seems Intuit is determined to ignore it. I'm using Mac version. There is a zoom option in window menu and it changes the window size, not font size. Using full screen, get 2/3 of screen blank and font size stays the same. In setting, the scale preference doesn't do anything....

'

JZell
Returning Member

I've used TurboTax for years on a Mac and never had the font problem until 2023.  I've searched all the menus, tried the shortcut keys, and even changed the systems settings to shrink all applications.  The last option improves it, but nothing fixes it.

I can't remember the last decade in which I paid for a sophisticated program that won't let me change the font.  The scrolls bars aren't even visible on some screens, which makes it seem like the information you expect to find really isn't there at all.

I can work around it, but being unable to see all the text on a screen in 2023 is an unimaginable error.   Not fixing it is worse.  I will not purchase your product again.

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Some Mac users are reporting issues with the screen size in certain areas of the program in that the button needed is not showing on the screen.

To adjust the resolution on your screen, you could try the steps on this Apple Support page:

On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Displays in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.) Select the display you want to adjust, then select the resolution you want to use. You may be able to turn on “Show all resolutions” to see additional resolutions for the display.

Depending on how you adjust the resolution, some app windows may not fit entirely on the screen. Using a scaled resolution may affect performance.

In the alternative, you could hook up a separate monitor to your Mac to see if this resolves the issue. I have personally used that solution at times.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies