Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax 2019 for mac crashed

I downloaded TT 2019 from costco today and it worked all day. When I went to file both federal and state (CO) it crashed. I can't open the application. I tried restarting the computer and uninstalling the app (including the intense GO GO to folder ~library recommendations in that thread). Nothing works. I even called apple to make sure it wasn't an issue with Catalina. NO success there either. ANY Help is appreciated!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

46 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact customer support by following the instructions below.     

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041     

But if you still feel you require additional assistance, you can contact us at (800) 446-8848.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing the same problem.

pbtg1872
Returning Member

Same issue with me.  I have spoken to 3 customer service representatives.  We think it has been resolved, then it happens again!

Tmsawyers
Returning Member

Same!!  They were not able to fix the issue for me either. 

I spoke to Customer support for almost two hours with joy. I returned my download via COSTCO and purchased the CD version only to have the same problem...exact same problem. My only solution was to load the CD on my windows laptop and finish filing it from there. Not sure I’ll be using TurboTax next year if they can’t fix this for Mac. I’ve been using it on my Mac for over 10 years. This is the first time I’ve had so many unresolved issues. 

That should say I had NO joy

Same thing with my Amazon download. Wasted so many hours uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting, trying 2 different computers, speaking with customer service...nothing. Intuit should at least inform us there is a problem so we don’t waste our time. If there isn’t a fix soon, gonna have to say adios to TT.

Has there been a fix announced for this? 

TurboTax is now holding me hostage. I can't file my returns because Mac TT keeps crashing! I can't just re-do them in the PC version because I can't upload my Mac return into the PC version. This is terrible!  

Please don't tell me to contact Customer Support. I did and all they offered was a free copy of the PC version...as if that solved all the problems. 

I'm using 2019 TT Home & Business + State download with MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. I can't preview or print IL State return! With every attempt, I get the spinning beachball and have to force quit TT. No problem with preview or print with Federal return.

I was on the phone with TT support for two hours & nothing they suggested solved the issue. They said this problem has been reported by many users with various state returns. They generated a Defect Submission and said they will actively try to resolve the problem.

TT needs to fix this issue and soon! I've been using TT on a Mac for 15 years. This year may be the last.

If you use the TurboTax file you created with your Mac software, on the PC version it will work. Once I uploaded the PC version software to my PC laptop, it was the only way I was able to file my taxes this year. Not sure if I’ll be using TurboTax again with my Mac next year if they can’t resolve this. I hope that helps!

Thank you Navy8r100922!

I opened my 2019 file in the PC version and had no problems (other than having to pay the $19.99 fee again). I'll be requesting a refund. Bigger win was being able to file my taxes! 

I had the exact same problem last night. Got through paying for CA state, the program froze with the mac wait icon every time I hovered over the window. I waited 10 minutes and it was still frozen. I then force quitted the app, then relaunched and the same "please wait while it checks for any updates" then crash or quit.
I've tried moving the program to the trash, emptying trash, reinstalling.

I've tried the above then restarting the mac.

I've tried manually cleaning all app files, using a helper program to clean all app files.

I've tried saving the session data saved and doing the above.
It's always crash after that "updates" window.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Since your issue is unresolved please  Contact us!

Ran into the identical issue after downloading a $39.99 second state (PA) on Home Business 2019.  The software crashed immediately after paying the $19.99 filing fees for the 2 states.  After spending 30+ minutes on the phone with the wrong CS agent, I spoke to an agent who was more helpful.  She escalated the call to 2nd-level tech support and while they were looking at it provided me with refunds for the earlier purchases.  Now working on getting a refund on the original software (Costco).

There appears to be a cached file somewhere within the user profile that is being read on restart.  I was able to login as a temp user and start the app; but the alternate user would be required to download/pay that were already installed on the primary user.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies