turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

Win10 Pro / TurboTax 2018 Deluxe (download 03 FEB 2019)

Crashes or locks up constantly. Very few pieces of software are able to not just crash, but completely lock up Win10 Pro requiring a hard reboot,  but congratulations Intuit you pulled it off.  Crashes 50% of the time when saving and during many random section changes. Took 15 tries to finally sneak through eFiling. I say sneak through because it would get a little farther each time with no clear cause of random crashing.

This is a mess and an insult to your customers. Intuit -- it worked a few years ago. Last year and this year are buggy disasters. You would be better off delaying release than selling this garbage.

Having exact same problem. Crashes constantly. Tried reinstalling, updating Windows, repairing installation. Nothing helps. Never had that before. I have always used TTX. Are there any solutions out there yet? 

No fixes have been discussed here

I had this problem last year with TT2017.  Here is the post: 

<http://tinyurl.com/ybwy42ey>

Same symptoms.  I did an OS refresh and clean install, running Win10Pro on solid state drive.  Spent over an hour with tech support, who was courteous and eager to help, but achieved nothing.  He stated (and I believed him) that no one else had reported this bug.  I will wait before running TT2018 to see if they finally deal with this.  Best solution is to call CS and flood all TT boards with complaints.  They may not acknowledge the issue, but they have to deal with it.  

Before anyone dismisses my complaints, I  have been using TT since taxdata 92.   So spare me the advice about disabling AV.  Good luck to all.

Spent 2 hours on the phone with Tech support disabled all firewall anti viruses etc. downloaded an new program file from intuit, started a new tax file from scratch. Still crashed every few entries. Reloaded everything onto a new computer and received the same redults. I’ve been using TurboTax for 25 years. This is not a computer issue this a major program flaw.

I’m having the same problem.
Spent 2 hours on the phone with Tech support disabled all firewall anti viruses etc. downloaded an new program file from intuit, started a new tax file from scratch. Still crashed every few entries. Reloaded everything onto a new computer and received the same redults. I’ve been using TurboTax for 25 years. This is not a computer issue this a major program flaw.

I just downloaded the software today and i get as far a"submitting", but the system crashes before i can save anything and submit properly. I've been trying this all day. Not sure what to do.

Hello  Sarai,

Please call customer support.  It will assist all of us by making a call record to document the issue, and force it up their list of priorities.  Be sure to include type of OS, hardware and version of TT you are using.  There may be multiple issues, but TT needs to get an update and a bulletproof troubleshoot procedure together.  

Good luck to all.

Everyone here is having similar issues so unfortunately no one has an answer.  I spent another hour on the phone today with TTax technical support and was told the developers are investigating and that they will call once they have a fix.  Frankly, I doubt I will ever receive a call so I'll continue to apply updates as they happen and try to continue my taxes.  My advice to you is to call their technical support and work with them.  We have to continue to let them know this problem exists.  Do a search for TurboTax technical support to find the number.

COULD YOU GIVE US THE CORRECT NUMBER TO CALL PLEASE

Unfortunately no. You need to do the search yourself and provide some identifying information and a brief description of the issue then they’ll give you a case number and the phone number.  That’s why I recommended you search using the string in my message.

BTW, using all caps in your message is generally considered shouting and is considered rude.
jjgilmor

Same problem...crashes constantly.  TurboTax Deluxe 2018 is AWFUL !!.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro Version 1703  OS Build: 15063.1387

NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM ON ANY TURBOTAX YEAR BEFORE.  GET NEW MANAGEMENT...FIRE SOMEONE ! UNUSABLE !!

Having same issue.  New PC, Windows 10 (latest update), updated virus software (turning off doesn't stop crashes), no other issues with Quicken (i realize not Intuit any longer) nor other programs or apps.  Since Intuit seems to not consider this important enough to address, I suggest you leave a review on Amazon, Costco ....wherever you purchased -- I just did so.  Somehow they need to get the message this is an important issue.  Personally, I don't know what else to do.  Am afraid to use my current tax file it's been recovered so many times.  Please Intuit, please at least acknowledge the issue and give us an idea when a fix will be released and IF we can trust our tax file.  Sad, I've used TurboTax for decades.  Is support getting worse?

You make a great point about the integrity of the results when you have to restart and recover so many times.  I recommend you contact TTax technical support as a way to make sure they are aware of the magnitude of this issue.

I have the exact same issue.  Used the system for 2 hours, it has crashed 8 times.  Absolutely ridiculous

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies