Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tom-lipon

Turbo tax won't except my drivers license expiration date. It says "the dates appear to be reversed, check expiration and issue dates" but they are correct, help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

Turbo tax won't except my drivers license expiration date. It says "the dates appear to be reversed, check expiration and issue dates" but they are correct, help?

Follow the example of Date Format Types, example: D Month, Yr

I have the exact same issue. Filing for California

belleville76, I have triple-checked and have tried filing mm/dd/yyyy and every other format. It gives the same error message.

Workaround: Don't enter ANYTHING and file without driver's license information. It's optional.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If TurboTax is not accepting your license number due to an alphanumeric characters issue, the remedy is to enter your license number with no dashes (-) or spaces. If that fails to work, you can skip the license option by scrolling down, but keep in mind skipping might cause delays in your state refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
goosedad

I had the same problem that TTax rejected the corrected date format(mm/dd/year) entry. It claims the date format was reversed and could not proceed.

Since California State does not require driver license info for e-filing, so I checked no ID and moved on to completing the e-filing.

Same.  For iowa.

Use the Chrome browser and clear browser data for all time before signing into TurboTax.

How to Clear Your Cache

If the error continues, you can work around it by answering No to the question of having a driver's license.  Then TurboTax will not ask for diver's license information when you e-file.  The question is to help establish your identity when you e-file but has not effect on your taxes and is not seen by the IRS.

Your e-filed return will remain in pending status until the government either accepts or rejects it.

Literally don't use Chrome... this is for the desktop application anyway.

gbshaw

Read closely - He is telling you the issue is not with his license number but with the date of issue and expiration.

Which I bet he is entering correctly because I am having the same issue today. We are entering the date according to your format but your system is not accepting it.

Now how a bout a solution? 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact customer support for assistance:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

@gbshaw

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kittyhnc

There is no post how to get around this issue and this is a serious software bug in Turbo Tax.  How do I get my taxes e-files files when there's no way to get past this software bug.  I would ask that a representative respond to this message asap as all previous responses have not provided details how to move past this software bug.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

First delete everything in the date cell. When it is re-entered, please makes sure that the ISS date is not accidentally entered in the EXP date, and visa versa.

The alert that the date appears to be reversed is not the format itself, it is the date slot. Your license cannot expire before it was issued.

@kittyhnc

I checked the dates 3 times and  I was sure it was a TT bug.

But when I checked the fourth time, I realized i was putting the issue date where the expired date belonged and vica versa.  

So check carefully before you call for customer support.

OldNavySubSailor
Returning Member

This is happening to my Mac version of premier as of today, 3/14/2022. 

OldNavySubSailor
Returning Member

I verified that the date format was correct and in the correct places. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies