turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tbryson

Turbo Tax software will not go past Schedule C Qualified Business Income "Needs Review" No matter how many times I go back and verify it. How do I get past this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax software will not go past Schedule C Qualified Business Income "Needs Review" No matter how many times I go back and verify it. How do I get past this?

Type the following into the search bar -       sch c

Use the jump to sch c link to go to the Schedule C.  Click Edit next to your business.  Scroll down and go through the QBI section again if it still says Needs Review.  After that, click on Done.  Then you need to click on Wrap Up Income.  You will be taken to Deductions.  Scroll to the bottom and click on Wrap Up Tax Breaks.  You should see the QBI summary information.  Click Continue and confirm your standard or itemized deduction.  This should move you to the Health Insurance section and remove the error.  

It isn't working for me.  I was on live chat and it didn't help.  For one time it didn't say review.  It looks like I'm going to delete the schedule C work completely.  If that passes the review, then I will let you know.  It has something to do with the QBI logic. 

There is no override.  I don't understand why we just can't click ignore

It seems to do with the assets you can only set once when you start the "business".  If you don't click on assets, you might make it by.  Even though you have delete the old 1099-MISC.  Seems pretty crappy

Nope.  After deleting the entire entry.  I got back to the same needs review and it won't continue.

I feel like I'm talking to myself here.I'm using Ubuntu but that shouldn't make a difference.  When I only have one 1099-MISC it seems to pass validation. Of course, I can't fill it without the other 1099-MISC for my partner.  I'm going to try it on a Windows machine later.

It has something to do with the QBI and not clearing the review needed flag on the second 1099-MISC.

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

@peterhecht1376 Please review your QBI answers before deleting everything. It should be in the QBI section.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies