turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax rounds off my investment reporting from what the form 1099-misc shows, is that a problem ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Turbo Tax rounds off my investment reporting from what the form 1099-misc shows, is that a problem ?

No, rounding is not an issue.  It is being done in accordance with IRS guidelines.  

Here it is from their website (under "Computations": https://www.irs.gov/publications/p17/ch01.html  

Computations

The following information may be useful in making the return easier to complete.

Rounding off dollars.

You can round off cents to whole dollars on your return and schedules. If you do round to whole dollars, you must round all amounts. To round, drop amounts under 50 cents and increase amounts from 50 to 99 cents to the next dollar. For example, $1.39 becomes $1 and $2.50 becomes $3.

If you have to add two or more amounts to figure the amount to enter on a line, include cents when adding the amounts and round off only the total.

If you are entering amounts that include cents, make sure to include the decimal point. There is no cents column on Form 1040 or 1040-SR.

Equal amounts.

If you are asked to enter the smaller or larger of two equal amounts, enter that amount.

Negative amounts.

If you file a paper return and you need to enter a negative amount, put the amount in parentheses rather than using a minus sign. To combine positive and negative amounts, add all the positive amounts together and then subtract the negative amounts.

Many Thanks for your help

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies