Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

blueyes

I need to ask a question not already answered

Why was my return only $1800? What about my 1st and second stimulus money I didnt receive?

1800 is for the 1st & 2nd stimulus checks.  1200+600.  If you didn't get it before you get it as a refund on your tax return.  

Drod1094

I have been trying to get ahold of a person to talk to but they recording just plays on a loop and won't recognize my support number. what do I do?

Jonesroger60
Returning Member

How can I get my son social security number 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Please contact the Social Security Administration if you do not remember your son's social security number or would like to apply for a social security number for him.

For more information, see: 

Social Security Numbers for Children

Social Security Administration: How do I replace a Social Security card for a child?

@Jonesroger60

vfw03

Im good now my question was it was not recognizing my new email and phone number, thank you for your help.

RonR0n

I just filed a claim with TurboTax. The instructions said i could add additional information yet I didn't see anyplace to do that. Also I got an email from TurboTax saying my case had been resolved yet it hasn't yet been reviewed. 

pokie1205

I need to correct my 2019 tax return job description ONLY; do I need to use form 1040X and if I do; can I electronically send it to the I.R.S. for faster processing. I applied for a SBA Loan Increase and the loan officer told me they saw that on my 2019 return it showed I was a caregiver instead of an Automobile Mechanic; so my loan was denied until the I.R.S. shows the correct job title/description for me.

@pokie1205 wrote:

I need to correct my 2019 tax return job description ONLY; do I need to use form 1040X and if I do; can I electronically send it to the I.R.S. for faster processing. I applied for a SBA Loan Increase and the loan officer told me they saw that on my 2019 return it showed I was a caregiver instead of an Automobile Mechanic; so my loan was denied until the I.R.S. shows the correct job title/description for me.

Either speak to the head of the loan department or just find another bank or financial firm that offers SBA loans.

There is no need to amend your 2019 tax return just for occupation.  What you were told by that loan officer is ridiculous.

jdgq1234

Hello I filed my sons federal taxes on here and he still hasn’t received his federal tax refund. I need the refund amount before I can track this through the IRS. His name is Donovan Watkins. Can someone please help me with this? 

@ jdgq1234  wrote:

Hello I filed my sons federal taxes on here and he still hasn’t received his federal tax refund. I need the refund amount before I can track this through the IRS. His name is [name]. Can someone please help me with this? 

This is a public Internet forum.   For your privacy and security, you shouldn't post any personal info in the public forum.   If you want to edit your question, there is a tiny blue 3-dot icon just to the right of your posting above.

Are you saying you can't find the account that you used to file his 2020 return and thus cannot get a copy?

If you also prepared your own return on here, then hopefully you used separate accounts for you and your son.   If you tried to prepare more than one return in the same account, it would overwrite the first one.

So assuming your son correctly has his own account, here's how to get a copy of the 2020 return.  If his 2020 return was prepared in Online TurboTax, log into the account you used for his return, and at the Tax Home scroll down and expand the section "Your Tax  Returns & Documents".  Choose tax year 2020, and then click "Download/print the PDF".   The Federal refund amount is on the Form 1040, Line 35a.

If you can't find his 2020 return there, then you likely have multiple accounts and signed into the wrong one. (NOTE:  Any return prepared in desktop software--CD/download--will not be in a online account.)    Many people end up with multiple accounts without realizing it.   Here's how to troubleshoot for multiple accounts (User IDs) :

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first if you can still access it.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number you can still access and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

I noticed that during the turbi tax questionnaire, if I entered foreign assets greater than USD 50k, I get asked to mail the paper version of TurboTax and can no longer file online. Can you please let me know why, and whether there is any workaround? I will be having foreign assets greater than 50k due to a gift next year and I'm concerned that TurboTax will not work for me.

johnZ898989 

This is sort of a "catch-all" old thread going back at least 3 years and cluttered with multiple users and multiple issues.  You may or may not get help in an old thread like this.   You'd be better served if you started your own new thread and have a higher likelihood of catching someone's attention as a new topic.

If you wish to start your own new thread, go to the page below and click the blue "Ask a question" button.   This is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/02/202

Continue to watch this thread, too, in case anyone responds here.

Thank you so much mesquitebean

samyosen

I want the ability to test different scenarios for tax planning.

Does turbotax offer tax preparation application not used for submission, but for what if scenarios?

I could use to determine tax consequences before engaging in a financial decision.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies