turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax Business

I am trying to do the estate taxes (1041 and OR-41) for my mom's estate. I thought I would just purchase the Business product but it says it doesn't come with state. What would I have to do to get a state product that would do the OR-41(Oregon Fiduciary Income Tax Return) for her estate? Being able to do the Federal form is great, but I also need the Oregon form.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbo Tax Business

When you start on the state taxes, you will get the option to purchase the needed state.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Turbo Tax Business

When you start on the state taxes, you will get the option to purchase the needed state.

Turbo Tax Business

Thank you. I didn't see a stand-alone product that would cover state estate taxes anywhere. And, frankly, that is what I need the most help with. So, just to verify. The option for state forms, after completing the 1041, will be for the forms needed to complete an estate return? 

Turbo Tax Business

Yes, that is correct.

Turbo Tax Business

Unfortunately, when I completed the 1041 and went to retrieve my state form(s) (OR-41) I was told they don't have the forms for Oregon. I am hoping that it is just that they haven't been loaded into the system yet and not because they aren't going to support them. The state forms are the main reason I purchased the Business Edition. I was able to figure out the Federal form pretty much, but the state form is very confusing.

Turbo Tax Business

Most state forms for TT Business will not be ready until early February and I have seen some take much longer.  I just looked at the State Forms Schedule and don't see any fiduciary state forms for Oregon.  

Look in some of the other links to see if the forms are supported by TurboTax.

State forms availability table for TurboTax Business (intuit.com)

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax Business

TurboTax Business does not support fiduciary forms for Oregon. Please see Which states are not available in TurboTax Business? for more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Turbo Tax Business

I found that out after I purchased TurboTax Business. Would have been nice to know before I got charged for a program that was pretty much useless to me. We use TurboTax for our personal and sole proprietor returns, so I had no reason to think TurboTax wouldn't support other forms.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies