turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax blank white dialog boxes

I have installed  Turbo Tax 2019 Premier.  It updates and presents the activation screen.  This screen is a blank white screen with no graphics, no buttons.   The only option is to use the X in the upper right corner which closes Turbo Tax.

What would be causing this and how do i recover?

I have uninstalled/installed TT19 with no change of problem.

I had TT18 and TT17 installed.  Both have been removed with no resolution to issue with TT19.  Note that TT17 worked, but TT18 also had an issue with white dialog boxes force me to use task manager to kill the program.   TT18 also had a blank white screen when trying to print forms to PDFs but could cancel out of that.

Windows 10 Pro updated  to 1909 today after issue was seen, no impact on problem.

Norton AV was disabled.  No impact on problem.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

Found my issue.

I removed the duet display driver.  This allows an ipad to be used as a second monitor.  I was using version 1.5.

Bingo!  Solved it for me also.

noel25
Returning Member

No resolution after re installing again.

Customer service E. Blessing promised call back in one hour.

No call after 3 hours.

case #278975

noel25
Returning Member

I reinstalled with no luck. Could not enter figure in dialog boxes.

Called Turbo tax customer service: case 45487739 spoke with E. Blessing.

Was to call back in 1 hour.. 3 hours have gone by no call.

Please help I have use TT for over 20+ years this is my first terrible

problem and lost prior draft of 2019

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

I am sorry you are having so much difficulty, here is contact information for you.

1. Go here to go to our Contact us page.
  2. Select your product (CD/Download Mac or CD/Download Windows), your edition (Basic, Deluxe, etc.), ask your question, then select Continue.
  3. Enter your contact info, then select Get the phone number.

The above is the best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person so that you can get the help you need. If you still require assistance, you can contact us at (800) 446-8848.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Bob1357

I had this problem with Turbotax 2020.  Tech support noted that my display resolution had to be set to 100% during the activation process.  Weird but fixed the problem

I can't believe it - but it worked for me too.  Brand new windows computer and I had this squirrely problem also.  Although it worked - can't say I'm happy with Intuit this year.  Took me a couple of hours to stumble upon the fix.

Removing Duet from my Windows PC solved my problem 

gfupam2

Set resolution to 800.  You have to exit out of blank screen then open up TurboTax again then information to activate with your code comes up.  You can set resolution back to normal after activation.  Very strange but worked. 

popz

I had the same issue.  I waited almost two hours for a call back from Tech Support and by the time they called me back, I stumbled upon this answer.  I forgot I had this same issue last with the 2019 version.  When Tech Support called me back, they acted like they have never heard of this issue or the answer before.  I told Tech Support that if they read their own forums, they would see that there is an issue and it needs to be fixed.  She said that she would make note of this issue and maybe something would get done to fix it for next year.  I doubt it.  I will probably be searching for this answer again next year.  It sucks getting old and can't remember from one year to the next.....

duncancpa

Have tried all suggestions that  I know about, none worked.

Tried 800/600 (and all others), with no affect. Resolution 100%, no affect. Has Tubotax fixed this fixed this bug ?

Please contact support via phone for assistance with this; contact details can be found here

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies