Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

roneyc1

Turbo Tax 2020 not adding Form 2210 for underpayment penalty

Well there's good news and bad news.

The form is available for online filers (finally!).  However, it does not transfer the data user enters correctly onto the actual form.  So the withholding by period will not match your total FIT on W-2 statements.  Reported it but don't know when (if) someone will look into it.

Really dropping the ball on this one.  First have to wait an additional 2 weeks and then they cannot correctly code a simple form.

rrh
Level 3

Sorry, should have been "you" are no longer a priority.

twobucks

Ok...what is the bottom line. Do we all just keep waiting for the form 2010 update and do nothing? I have no words from TT for the last 2 weeks and they have my email address.  Come On Man!

We want to pay our penalty when we file too.

It's 2/25/2021 and we're trying to e-file our taxes. Form 2210 is supposed to be updated but when we review our taxes in TurboTax, we're getting an error:

Form 2210: Line D Withholding. The sum of the four columns is not equal to your total withholding of $xxxxx for the year. 

The total adds up exactly to the sum of the 3 columns (since there's only 3 columns not 4 this year in the form - 1st 6.5 months, 2nd and 3rd columns 2.75 months each). How do we resolve this issue so we can file?

TurboTax 2210 form now correct-fixed.   Form 2210 Line D,  3 columns must add to same number

on Tax Payments worksheet Line 19.    The blank column on Form 2210  Line "D should have a 0

(unless filing a Fiscal Year instead of Calendar Year return)

A big Mac update this morning including forms. The 2210 prompt is gone.

Same for me on Windows. I was finally able to file my return.

It's the same number on both lines and I can't enter a 0 on the blank line. Still get same error even though all columns add to the same number.

Form 2210 Line D, clear all fields then re-enter data.    Numeric '0' in blank field may require over ride procedure.   Double check math

RNML
Level 2

Since these are time sensitive in terms of interest for underpayment penalty, I don't understand why draft form would not be acceptable and could be used in the interim so that payments can be submitted (to stop the clock). Certainly, a correction could be made if the form needs to be updated and has a direct material impact on the form and final tax return

@RNML wrote:

Since these are time sensitive in terms of interest for underpayment penalty, I don't understand why draft form would not be acceptable and could be used in the interim so that payments can be submitted (to stop the clock). Certainly, a correction could be made if the form needs to be updated and has a direct material impact on the form and final tax return

Form 2210, Underpayment of Estimated Tax is available with today's release for the desktop editions.  Update your software.  Click on Online and click on Check for Updates

Hi, I ended up with an underpayment penalty of $13, but don't see how or where TuboTax calculated it. I did a full printout of all worksheets and forms and don't see how this was calculated. Form 2210 no longer appears when I run the final check of my return and the $13 only shows up at the end of my 1040.  Is there a way to see how they are calculating the penalty or do I need to look at the IRS website directly? Thanks.

@proteus1966 wrote:

Hi, I ended up with an underpayment penalty of $13, but don't see how or where TuboTax calculated it. I did a full printout of all worksheets and forms and don't see how this was calculated. Form 2210 no longer appears when I run the final check of my return and the $13 only shows up at the end of my 1040.  Is there a way to see how they are calculating the penalty or do I need to look at the IRS website directly? Thanks.

The Underpayment Penalty has to be on Form 2210 either Line 17 or Line 27 to show a penalty on the Form 1040 Line 38.

Any suggestions on what to do if TT calculates the penalty yet there is no Form 2210 generated? I'm stuck. Thanks.

Same here --- TurboTax calculated the penalty and I was able to efile, yet once I did, Form 2210 went missing – it’s no where to be found, not in the worksheets or anywhere else.  And, it seems to have applied the date I first tried to efile (but the glitch had blocked that) to calculate instead of the date my returns were actually finally able to be efiled (once the software was updated), leaving me with the wrong calculation, one based on the date I wanted to file but couldn’t, not the date I finally was able to file.  Ugh.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies