turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbo Card and Coronavirus Stimulus

Will we get the Coronavirus Stimulus direct deposited to our turbo cards? My tax return has the correct information for my turbo card (account and routing number) but the language from some articles states that “If you filed a return and got it on a financial instrument (like a prepaid card or tax advance loan), you'll receive a paper check.”

I’m asking Turbo Tax to verify this with the IRS to ensure we will get it. Can the Stimulus get posted to a prepaid card? Would the IRS be able to tell it is prepaid since it comes up as GreenDot Bank?

Other members with H&R Block Emerald Card and Jackson Hewitt Serve Card are also unsure.

If Turbo Tax could verify the Prepaid Turbo Card can receive the stimulus that would be great. If not when the IRS launches the web based portal to update direct deposit information I will have to update it to avoid getting a paper check.

Thank You!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

561 Replies

that was a very very informetable letter.thank you very much.it is truly an HONOR to have turbo tax on my side

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TMJo

When will there be a update if Stimulus check can go to my turbo tax card

Allenbard

I want to know if emeral card can be use for deruct despise

Has there been any update on rather stimulus checks will be deposit on the TurboTax card?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Details are still to come if you used the refund processing option to have the Turbo Tax fees withheld from the fed refund. We will have more information once the details are finalized by the IRS.

Updates will be posted here as more information becomes available: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

[Edited 04/08/20]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Im curious about this too...I didn’t use a turbo card I have an emerald card just wondering if i’ll have to wait for a check or if they can direct deposit it into my card.. I hope so.

I looked and the DD on my 1040 is the same info on my turbotax card. My question is, where is the source for this info you've provided? How accurate is this info?

@Steveninspokane, If you look at her profile, she is a TurboTax employee. I would trust that her information is correct. If you can't trust her then I'm not sure who you could. But here is what I know from research: The TurboCard is not a basic prepaid card. It has a bank account attached to it, hence the routing number and account number. It's also the reason you can have your paycheck Direct Deposited on to it. If the routing and account number match what is on your 1040, there is no reason the money would not go on there.

How do I get get a turbo card 

So as far as you guys are aware, if the IRS has the "checking" info from the turbo card, we should get the check stimulus there?

Wondering the same?

I have compared the direct deposit info on my tax form and my Turbo Tax debit card and they are the same. SO I am assuming they would be able to direct deposit our Stimulus checks to the Turbo card. Since the direct deposit info on my tax form matches that of the Turbo card. You can view your tax form on your Turbo online acct to compare direct deposit info to verify they are the same.

Print your return for this year and look up your listed account information. Whatever is there is what the IRS has. I compared it to my Turbo Debit Card and it was the same number. Therefore, my stimulus will be posted to my Turbo Debit account. Hope that helps. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies