turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trying to install an official TurboTax Manual Update but when executing says TurboTax not installed

I was having an issue due to turbotax 2019 home&biz telling me some forms would be "Ready Soon".

Someone posted with a Manual Update which I downloaded.

Upon executing after closing turbotax I get a popup from turbotax saying it is not installed and that I must install first.

It is installed!

I also noticed there is no update history. My current version is  2019.41.11.194

I even reopened and closed again but still same popup.

About to go to HR Block if I dont get this resolved.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Trying to install an official TurboTax Manual Update but when executing says TurboTax not installed

I haven't seen this issue occurring yet, but I'd try uninstalling and re-installing my TT product.   Just a thought.  

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I haven't seen this issue occurring yet, but I'd try uninstalling and re-installing my TT product.   Just a thought.  

**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
dd123

I have the exact same issue of forms being not ready with the exact same version 2019.41.11.194 for turbotax 2019 home&biz and that manual update downloaded gave me the exact same error of turbotax 2019 not installed.

I tried reinstalling turbotax 2019 home&biz but still getting all the same errors. Turbotax please do your due diligence for the product you sold to which we paid money.

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@dd123 Are you at the filing part of your interview?  Also, are you filing a state return in either NY or MA?  

dd123

I am at the next step of "We're ready to check your federal return for errors", where it says "Your Forms Will Be Available Soon". My state return is CA. The software also says that some forms for the state are not ready.

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@dd123 Shoot!  I thought I may have found some info that may help.  You've already uninstalled and re-installed your software, which should automatically include the latest updates.  

At this point, I have no other suggestions.  Please contact TurboTax Customer Support during business hours, using the info I'm linking below.  So sorry I couldn't help.

What is the TurboTax phone number? 

I ran into this exact same problem yesterday (Home & Biz download version) and after about 2 hours on the phone with TT support, we ended up uninstalling the problematic app and reinstalling it again fresh, including your license code, and that fixed the problem.  You may need to disable your firewall and any AV software while doing all this (or she had me do that but I'm not entirely sure that was my problem, however it can't hurt temporarily).  Btw, you will be able to access your saved return if you've been working on one, as the uninstall/reinstall does not delete that but you might want to save a copy in a another folder, just to be safe.  This fixed my problems!

ghg1042

i am having the same problem with home & business...also worked with turbo tax support...uninstall/reinstall with antivirus off...still won't work...noticed entering the license key...bought off ebay...digital download...was not given a license key...the install does not ask for one...didn't know you had to have one...seller is no longer on ebay

Anonymous
Not applicable

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please Contact us so we can help.

sackms1

I am having same issue and my seller is no longer on Ebay.  Did you find a solution?  Thanks.

@sackms1 wrote:

I am having same issue and my seller is no longer on Ebay.  Did you find a solution?  Thanks.

There are no authorized sellers on ebay.   A bootleg copy might contain virus or malware.  Only purchase directly from TurboTax or an authorized seller, like Costco, Best Buy and other well known stores.  Amazon also sells TurboTax but only Amazon itself, not 3rd party non-Amazon sellers that advertise on Amazon.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

See my post above.  That's what it took to finally resolve my issues.  Your software is most likely no good.

I had the same exact trouble. Turns out the update does not seem to find TurboTax if not installed on the C: drive on Windows. Some pointer or registry issue must be happening. I uninstalled TT and reinstalled it (temporarily) on the C: drive and it all worked like magic.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies