Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

To protect you from identity theft, your tax return is currently being reviewed. To help us process your return more quickly, verify your identity and tax return inform

Letter says IRS on it 

To protect you from identity theft, your tax return is currently being reviewed. To help us process your return more quickly, verify your identity and tax return inform

Received my letter today and entered the code. I'm all good now and it says wait up to 9 weeks for the refund. Hopefully it's sooner. 

sunflower94
Returning Member

Any upy

I verified Tuesday but still no change. Says I have to wait up to 9 weeks tho 

I received the letter today to verify identity. If they ask you to verify a 2022 W2, will that be the 2021 one you filed in 2022 or the one labeled 2022 that was filed in 2023? I'm confused bcuz I don't want to give them the wrong information and be denied. I'm going to verify online. 

I just verified on Tuesday as well. Hoping it gets sorted soon. Best of luck to you!!

sabinaisyva07
Returning Member

I called them 2 times. One said if you don't have the letter by monday you are not receiving it. Another said they sent it on 15th. Why I have to deal with all of this? It's been a month since I filled out and it hasn't been processed yet. Any other numbers or email I can call to fasten the process?

Anyone get this sorted out yet 

I ended up receiving a letter. I went online and verified through the IRS system and it says it'll update in 2 weeks from now. It still says I have to verify but that's because it's hasn't processed my verification yet. 

sabinaisyva07
Returning Member

I just received the state tax however still nothing about the federal one. Does it mean federal is being processed too? I still don't have the letter and they said they sent it out on 15th. What happens if I don't get the letter? I am calling them every day and queues are super long at this point I dont know what to do. Can someone give any advice on how to go?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Once your return is filed, TurboTax has no control over the processing of your return or the release of your refund.

Here are a couple FAQs to track your refund:
When will I get my federal tax refund?
How do I track my state refund?
Why does Where's My Refund say "approved" but TurboTax still says "accepted"?

Here is an FAQ about handling identity verification requests from the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My letter was sent out on 9th I got it on the 20th I verified but says could be 9 weeks from them till I receive it if they need nothing else 

Update: checked this morning and tax return is scheduled to be sent finally 

Hi. Do you have an update , I’m in the same boat. Have not received the letter although it shows in my irs account to verify with 14 digit code. Asked to resend it   I was able to verify through id.me. 

I received my letter and entered my verification through ID me and the code on the letter last Friday. This Friday on the 1st, IRS now shows the progress bar and it's only at accepted. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies