turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

UPDATE EVERYONE. I originally filed with TT Feb. 15. Got letter from IRS Mar. 11. Faxed additional from needed the following day. I just found out that my refund is pending and will be posted the 30th. 

The best part is that as I thought my refund amount changed because I didn't use my entire subsidy amount from healthcare dot gov. It went from $931 to $1923! If you don't owe money back, you'll get that negative number added to your refund. 

Hope this gives hope to all who are suffering from this major mistake TT made. 

Hang in there!

FORM 😁

@russ alfo  Did u mail or fax your additional forms?

@Soulidarity 

The form 14157 is to turn in PAID tax preparers ... when you use a DIY program YOU are the preparer so this form will not work.   A better choice is to complain to the BBB ... others have posted success getting a fee refund that way.

Now ... for the future  ... if you qualify ... the IRS FREE FILE has 10 companies to choose from so always check there first before you pay for ANY tax program  ... https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

I did provide the forms by fax but it has been two weeks and - no word. 

Fax, mail takes even longer. 

All you can do is be patient and check the IRS site every couple of days.  Due to the current situation expect it to take 8 weeks or more although many have reported it only taking 2 - 3 weeks. 

I filed my 1/6. Was accepted by IRS 1/13. I got my letter 2/28 and faxed the forms 2/29 and am still waiting. The IRS website says 4-8 weeks. So glad I filed SOOOO early. 25+ years of using them and had to pay them $30 this year I might be switching. 

Me too! Every year easy peasy! They won’t even state the fact they messed up!

I also got screwed by TurboTax over this. I just had to fill out the most convoluted form on my own now after paying TurboTax to supposedly do it for me. I want a refund. This is garbage. I'll never use the product again.

I have tried online but since my amount has changed there is no update how did you get that information last time TT messed up it was July before I got my refund

If you are looking at the IRS site you should be using the original refund before you updated the return.   Even then the system may not tell you anything.

If you have already faxed or mailed in the 8962 & 1095-A as required then the IRS can take 8 weeks or more to process the return although many have reported it only took 2-3 weeks but with the current virus situation there are no "norms" to rely on.

Turbo Tax did the same thing to me!  You CAN complete the form on Turbo Tax without doing an amendment, but it's a little confusing so I will explain how to do it step by step:

Sign into your Turbo Tax account

Scroll down and click on:  ADD A STATE

Click on: FEDERAL (Left side of screen)

Click on: DEDUCTIONS & CREDITS (Top of Screen)

Scroll down to:  Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A)

Click on: Start (To the right)

Fill in the information and save your return

When you open your return scroll down to form 8962 (Two pages) and print.

Make sure you fax or mail the following to the IRS:

Completed copy of form 8962

Copy of form 1095-A (Health Insurance Marketplace statement)

Copy of original letter you received from the IRS

I hope this helps : )

So this happened to me and I had to send my 1095a and 8962 in separately after waiting three weeks for the IRS to notify me I was missing I dormatin. I just sent the forms In 2 weeks ago . Any idea how long until they process my returns from here ?

Same thing happened to me, so on feb 25 I fax my form Saturday which was 3/28/2020 they finally update the app, so now it show approve and will be sent direct deposit on April 1st 2020. I had to wait about one month and almost 1 week, Be patient. Also if you didn't file the form correctly they going to fix it and if you owed money they'll decrease the amount or increase it. Also when you checking your refunds use the same original amount. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies